Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade for Automated Members / Evohome - 25/3 > 28/3

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonstatt View Post
    I didn't know that either. What an odd thing to do because it is well known that optimisation fails with certain rooms (such as conservatories often don't work well (as the influence from sunlight makes it much more variable), or extremely small rooms like WCs under the stairs (where it tends to overshoot)). Maybe the next firmware will add it back but Honeywell should comment on why they removed this feature which seems totally unwarranted.
    Optimisation has nothing to do with temperature overshoot. All optimal start does is try to calculate how much earlier than the set time it should increase the set point to the new target so that it is reached by the set time.

This will not make it any more or less likely to overshoot. If there is significant overshoot, it's for some other reason.

I agree that not being able to turn optimisation on and off per zone is disappointing though, I have had to turn off optimal stop because in a couple of zones it is inappropriate for the use case, but that means I have to turn it off for the entire house, and there are probably some zones where it would be beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I have just cancelled my upgrade order. I know I will regret doing that in a little while. But for me the lack of the actual outdoor temperature displayed and the missing zone optimisation were deal breakers.
    I think the small changes made to MK3 evohome are minor in comparison to what you will gain (potential future updates and extra functionally for example), but I certainly won't make a fuss if anyone else would like to cancel their order based on any information they didn't know. However, please contact me on 01686 689881 as our emails are not necessarily picked up straight away.

I cannot comment on what Honeywell plan to do in the future, as I simply don't know. However, the pending launch of 'evohome Security' suggests evohome is here to stay for some time to come.

Many thanks,

Richard

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Optimisation has nothing to do with temperature overshoot. All optimal start does is try to calculate how much earlier than the set time it should increase the set point to the new target so that it is reached by the set time.

This will not make it any more or less likely to overshoot. If there is significant overshoot, it's for some other reason.

I agree that not being able to turn optimisation on and off per zone is disappointing though, I have had to turn off optimal stop because in a couple of zones it is inappropriate for the use case, but that means I have to turn it off for the entire house, and there are probably some zones where it would be beneficial.
    It only overshoots in my WC when optimisation is on at the start of the schedule. Turning off optimisation stabilised things so I figured the algorithm wasn't geared up to a room that heats in about 5 minutes!
    Last edited by jonstatt; 30th March 2016 at 04:02 PM.

Automated Home Guru

Arrived. Have it connected to Wifi / mytotalconnectcomfort. Charging batteries up and currently contemplating having to rebind everything.....

Arrived at 10.30 this morning. I have finished stroking it and am just about to start assembling it.

A quick question though. I have received the email from Lianne with return instructions but should I be putting something inside the package to identify that it is from me?

OK, so we have had a couple of issues.

So just a quick message to apologise to Dean & Hengus.

We are a small operation but had over 70 orders to process and dispatch here yesterday (as well as normal operations) before 4:30pm, so I had additional staff here to tackle the Bank Holiday & AH orders.

Hengus order has been switched with someone else (sadly the CCTV didn't show exactly who). So can I please ask that when one of the other AH members gets an ATF600 Wall Mount Kit and you are not supposed to have one, please can you let me know so we can get this returned to us please (at our cost not yours).

I have just done my evohome MK2 & MK3 swap videos (using my Mother-In-Laws house) and I just need to do an S Plan/Y Plan one for people with this set-up - I will upload these shortly.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    Arrived at 10.30 this morning. I have finished stroking it and am just about to start assembling it.

A quick question though. I have received the email from Lianne with return instructions but should I be putting something inside the package to identify that it is from me?
    Mine should have arrived but APC refused to accept my note stuck to the doorbell to leave with my neighbour (I know all the courier drivers except APC) so will now have to wait until mid next week to collect it from the depot. Leaves me a bit tight for the return window but hopefully should all work out. Hopefully the migration video covers water thermostat reset as well 😀

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    I think the small changes made to MK3 evohome are minor in comparison to what you will gain (potential future updates and extra functionally for example), but I certainly won't make a fuss if anyone else would like to cancel their order based on any information they didn't know. However, please contact me on 01686 689881 as our emails are not necessarily picked up straight away.

I cannot comment on what Honeywell plan to do in the future, as I simply don't know. However, the pending launch of 'evohome Security' suggests evohome is here to stay for some time to come.

Many thanks,

Richard
    Would you allow me 24 hours to reconsider my cancellation or have I missed the boat?

The evohome security looks like it will need its own hub rather than reusing the evohome control panel. The heating and security appear to converge only at the mobile app.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post

Your system will be identified by Honeywell with the MAC address you supplied, so this is not necessary (but you can if you want).

Automated Home Guru

Just moved my Hot Water over to the new controller (thought that would be easiest with least disruption till I get more time). Hit On, it came on, Hit Off, nothing happened. Cleared all the config, rebound it all about 3 times......

Missed it, there is a Hot Water Overrun parameter that by default is set to 10 minutes, it was waiting for the 10 minutes....Changed it to 0 and Hit Off and it turned off.