• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • radar2016
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2016

Remote gateway rfg100 will not power up after power cut

My Evohome system works well, until we get a power cut. The Electricity company cut the supply to work on the line on Thursday 24 March, switched back on after 2 hrs. The RFG100 still will not power up today 26 March.

The last power cut we had, way back in September it took 4 days before it would start up.

I unplug it, switch off the power plug and keep trying to no avail, then eventually it powers up.
  • rcopus
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2014

Your power supply has had it. Contact Honeywell support, they sent me a new one.

Comment

• radar2016
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2016

Remote gateway rfg100 will not power up after power cut

Originally posted by rcopus View Post
      Your power supply has had it. Contact Honeywell support, they sent me a new one.
      When this happened the first time I bought a replacement RFG100, but before it was delivered I got the first one working again. We have had 3 power cuts in the last 18 months, same thing happens each time. After 4 or 5 days it works again, The power supply is the same one I started with. I have found a post (approx page 22)
      on this forum which states that the unit needs a 6volt power supply in place of the 5volt supply.

I find this strange as the power supply is delivering 5volts, the unit is designed to work with 5volts.

Was the power supply you received 5volts or 6 volts

Comment

• rcopus
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2014

I will check for you tomorrow.

I had exactly the same symptoms as you and according to these forums it's a known issue.

Comment

• rcopus
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2014

6V 3A switched mode.

Comment

• radar2016
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Mar 2016

Many thanks for that information. That looks like the solution to the problem. Do you go to Honeywell direct or a dealer.

I do not think I will qualify for the WIFI offer, as I only joined yesterday.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
              Site Sponsor
              • Dec 2014

Get your name down for the WiFi offer... I am sure no one will mind!

Comment

• rcopus
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by radar2016 View Post
                Do you go to Honeywell direct or a dealer..
                I had to go to Honeywell directly, as my home is a new build so theres no dealer to go to.

Comment

Working...
                X