X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

maybe there needs to be another entry before you add Root - did edit previous post to suggest this, but you may have read it before it was added ?

am also assuming you're running a recent version of Cortex ...

have tried here creating a new menu & trying to add new entries to that list - first attempts resulted in changing names of existing entries rather than adding a new one - ie: had to be careful to ensure had selected the leading blank line of the list before started typing the new name ...

hmm, anyway, agree, bit of a puzzle ...
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 4 April 2016, 08:30 PM.
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
      Automated Home Legend
      • Dec 2007

yep - playing here, if I re-assign our UDM to other Favourites categories, including Home, and close the window, it appears (after pressing Home, to reload) under Favourites, or as an item of its own, in Mobile ...

if then go back & to re-assign it, Root no longer appears in the list ...

until type it again ... after which, fine again, with black bars etc ...
      Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 4 April 2016, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• cliffwright
        Automated Home Guru
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
        yep - playing here, if I re-assign our UDM to other Favourites categories, including Home, and close the window, it appears (after pressing Home, to reload) under Favourites, or as an item of its own, in Mobile ...

if then go back & to re-assign it, Root no longer appears in the list ...

until type it again ... after which, fine again, with black bars etc ...

OK - so I setup a new menu as before . . . this still does the same.

I followed your steps a couple of posts up - but when I assign the menu to "XYZ" - hit enter - close - open - then select the "Blank" white drop down menu and type "Root" and hit enter, "XYZ" just disappears and I get exactly the same.

I'm running 27.0.0.

In case there needed to be another object assigned to another category, I assigned an object (a random PIR) to "XYZ" then went back and assigned the UDM to "Root" - this results in the home page showing a "Favourites" menu within which, there is an "XYZ" and a "Root" menu, within which are their respective objects.

Hmm . . .
        www.clifford-wright.co.uk/blog

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
          Automated Home Legend
          • Dec 2007

hmm, after all this your Root is still being kept in Favourites, rather than being identified properly ...

best guess now is that your Cortex is too old to know what it's supposed to do - we're running 27.2.2, which doesn't seem that much newer, but maybe it is - I forget how long ago the Root facility was added, it was fairly recently ...

Comment

• cliffwright
            Automated Home Guru
            • Mar 2007

OK - I'll try again once I've updated - but I need some time when the wife and kid are out of the way so will be a few days.

Appreciate your help - i'll let you know how I get on once I've upgraded.

Cheers

C
            www.clifford-wright.co.uk/blog

Comment

• Karam
              Automated Home Legend
              • Mar 2005

Yes, the Root category was introduced in Cortex 27.2.0

Comment

Working...
              X