• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

New TCC app version coming. . .

We recognise that the recent TCC international app update 4.0.9 has generated some issues for some of our users. We are capturing these and passing them onto our development team who are planning a new release of the app at the end of April (subject to testing and approval processes).

Issues being addressed in the new release will include:

• Bugs on some versions of Android (103 error)
    • Various UI fixes including enabling the user to swipe from one zone to the next
    • Various language fixes to the app
    • Single zone home page UI fix
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Rameses - I do not know whether this is how it is supposed to work or not. Yesterday, I changed Evohome controllers and room order on the controller was not a priority. After setting up wifi and TCC, I sat down and re-ordered the zones on my IPad. The new order is being not passed on to the controller. As I say, the app may have been designed to work this way. It is over 18 months since I last changed the room order.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

As far as I can remember, room order on the controller and iOS app has always been independently customisable, even before the update. Changes in order made on one don't affect the other, and I prefer that given that the controller has a landscape view while the app is portrait...

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
        As far as I can remember, room order on the controller and iOS app has always been independently customisable, even before the update. Changes in order made on one don't affect the other, and I prefer that given that the controller has a landscape view while the app is portrait...
        Thanks. Changing Evohome controllers and having a major software revision for my car - both happening in the past couple of days - has confused my old mind.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

I would love to see the App display any error messages as well. Or atleast a way to poll them from the controller on Demand.

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

I'd like to see the app having the same schedule copying options as the controller.

It's madness that when it comes to scheduling the controller is easier / more flexible than the app! It ought to be the other way round.

P.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

Does the App show the hot water status, if you have the kit installed?

Comment

• HenGus
                Automated Home Legend
                • May 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                Does the App show the hot water status, if you have the kit installed?
                Yes, and it is fully adjustable as per a heating zone.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                  Yes, and it is fully adjustable as per a heating zone.
                  Time is adjustable, temp isn't.

Comment

• FullBore
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2016

In the light of what I have read here, and elsewhere, I have remained on Version 3.2.0 of the Android app.

Is there any news when the revised v 4 + of the app, referred to above by Rameses will be released, & what issues it will address, in addition
                    to those listed by Rameses three weeks ago.

Comment

• Rameses
                      Industry Expert
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by FullBore View Post
                      In the light of what I have read here, and elsewhere, I have remained on Version 3.2.0 of the Android app.

Is there any news when the revised v 4 + of the app, referred to above by Rameses will be released, & what issues it will address, in addition
                      to those listed by Rameses three weeks ago.
                      It was released a couple of days back - v4.1.0
                      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• FullBore
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Jan 2016

Thanks Rameses.

Very sad, not looking good I fear. There are three reviews of the latest version 2 x 1* as low as one can get, and 1 x 2*:-

This used to work quite flawlessly, but now it reconnects all the time and I have to give my email and password over and over again. With the latest version (2016-04-20) Logging in lasts for ages. Waiting for over 2 minutes to do anything. Garbage app comes to mind. I really Like the EvoHome, but dislike this crap
                        Start listening to your userbase Typical form before function. Close to unuseable....
                        Takes far too long to start And this is on modern devices like Nexus 6 and Pixel C. I'm talking over 10 seconds before my rooms finally show up. This needs to be much quicker. Please.
                        In the light of the above & what I read elsewhere I think I'll refrain from "upgrading" for the time being.

Comment

• PaulB
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Sep 2015

I agree, the new app is taking far too long to load, to the point where it's easily taking 40 seconds + on my phone (Nexus 6).

Comment

• FullBore
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Jan 2016

Any news yet on a newer version than v4.1.0 ?

FB

Comment

• DanD
                              Automated Home Ninja
                              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by FullBore View Post
                              Any news yet on a newer version than v4.1.0 ?

FB
                              There was an update to the IOS version to v4.1.1 a couple of weeks ago to add some tutorials on how to use the user interface which I found helpful as I hadn't worked out the different methods of setting the temperatures (tap vs touch & drag). The release notes also mention some translation improvements and bug fixes.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X