• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDriver
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2012

WiFi Interference

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar R29-40 HE Conventional boiler supplying 8 zones and DHW, all pressurised. I wish to control the 9 zone valves by 8 BDR91s and 1 ATF500DHW, these in turn programmed by an ATC928 / DTS92 combination i the heated spaces.
    IMG_20160404_140757.jpg
    I read from the installation instructions for the BDR91s that they should be 300mm apart and remote from the boiler. Is this critical, and if so how far away could they be mounted for the tails to go back to the valves?
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by JDriver View Post
    I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar R29-40 HE Conventional boiler supplying 8 zones and DHW, all pressurised. I wish to control the 9 zone valves by 8 BDR91s and 1 ATF500DHW, these in turn programmed by an ATC928 / DTS92 combination i the heated spaces.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]749[/ATTACH]
    I read from the installation instructions for the BDR91s that they should be 300mm apart and remote from the boiler. Is this critical, and if so how far away could they be mounted for the tails to go back to the valves?
    the BDR91 need to be a minimum of 300mm apart. this is critical. they can me mounted as far away as you like with mains power switched live cables between BDR91s and zone valves

For this installation you may be better off getting a HCC80R and HCS80 extension (to take it up to 5 zones) and connecting the UFH heating zone valves to that.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
      Site Sponsor
      • Dec 2014

[ATTACH=CONFIG]749[/ATTACH]
      Hi,

Firstly, evohome uses proprietary RF (on 868 MHz) not Wi-Fi. The BDR91 spacing requirement is the same as other RF devices on the market and this is a minimum of 300mm away from each other and (in my experience) this is critical with evohome.

The maximum core size the BDR91 has been designed to accept is 2.5mm and the BDR91 can only switch 5A they can be wired quite some distance away from the point that they actually switch (30m easy with 1.5mm cable).

More info on the BDR91 is here (in download section) - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...relay-box.html

Like TB said, maybe consider using the HCC80R and HCS80 extension module to take you to 8 zones to control the motorised zone valves rather than BDR91's.

I hope that helps.

Comment

• JDriver
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2012

Thanks for that chaps, I never thought of the HCC80R as a solution. It would certainly be much neater. I've read the installation guide but can find nothing related to physical positioning. Am I right in assuming that it is better shielded and therefor more forgiving?

For the installation shown, would you recommend the use of a R8810A1018 Opentherm bridge to provide better modulation control and external temperature sensing, or would that be a wasted sophistication?

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

Thanks for that chaps, I never thought of the HCC80R as a solution. It would certainly be much neater. I've read the installation guide but can find nothing related to physical positioning. Am I right in assuming that it is better shielded and therefor more forgiving?

For the installation shown, would you recommend the use of a R8810A1018 Opentherm bridge to provide better modulation control and external temperature sensing, or would that be a wasted sophistication?
          The antenna in a HCC80R is HUGE and I have never encountered signal range issues.

I don't think your boiler can accept OpenTherm, you would need a 'gender adapter' between the WB Bus (KM Bus IIRC)

I would simply turn down the flow temperature for the heating if that is possible

Comment

• JDriver
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2012

TB, could you expand on the subject of OpenTherm and my Worcester Bosch Greenstar R29-40 HE Conventional boiler? Where would I get a definitive answer to its suitability with OT, and the hardware required for a connection?

It seems to me that having Evotherm modulate the boiler, should be far more efficient than the boiler reacting to events a few minutes after the load has changed. Am I wrong here, or is just the fact that the boiler is too old to work well in these enlightened times!

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

TB, could you expand on the subject of OpenTherm and my Worcester Bosch Greenstar R29-40 HE Conventional boiler? Where would I get a definitive answer to its suitability with OT, and the hardware required for a connection?

It seems to me that having Evotherm modulate the boiler, should be far more efficient than the boiler reacting to events a few minutes after the load has changed. Am I wrong here, or is just the fact that the boiler is too old to work well in these enlightened times!

Ring WB give them the serial number and they will let you know but the HE came with its own version of WC and built in timer

If it does have a BUS interface you would need an OpenTherm convertor (not available in the UK and not endorsed by Worcester Bosch)

Let me know what they say?
              Last edited by top brake; 7 April 2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• top brake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Feb 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                Ring WB give them the serial number and they will let you know but the HE came with its own version of WC and built in timer

If it does have a BUS interface you would need an OpenTherm convertor (not available in the UK and not endorsed by Worcester Bosch)

Let me know what they say?
                this might be what you need

De Nefit/BOSCH EMS-OT Converter is geschikt voor het omzetten van OpenTherm communicatie naar Nefit/BOSCH communicatieprotocollen. Hierdoor kun je OpenTherm thermostaten zonder problemen aansluiten op je Nefit of BOSCH HR CV-ketel. De Nefit/BOSCH EMS-OT Converter is geschikt voor het omzetten van OpenTherm...

Comment

Working...
                X