X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

HTPC what do you use.

I was just wondering what other people use as their HTPC's in their house.

I use a android box with Kodi installed
    Specs are ;
    Amlogic S812 Quad core Cortex A9r4 2.0GHz
    Octa-core Mali-450MP GPU @ 750MHz
    DDR3 RAM 2GB,eMMC 16GB
    Android 4.4
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog
  • MichaelD
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2006

I have five Windows 7 Media Center PCs, from a basic Atom-based one, two laptops, and a couple of quad-core desktop equivalents.

Unfortunately, Microsoft has dumped Media Center with Win10, so I'll have to stay with Win7 until we've watched the backlog of 623 recorded TV programmes that are sitting on my server and only available through Media Center.

Did look at Kodi, but it took so much effort to get it to record live TV, then play it back, with so many different components, and so many competing options, that it looked like it would be too fragile and wanting constant maintenance

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Did you look at the TV Headend addon for the live TV bit.
      I think Kodi is worth giving it a go. My first XBMC/KODI machine running linux was built using left over PC parts. This worked really well the kids could use it without showing them what to do.
      My next Kodi box will be a Linux based version and I plan to use the VBOX freesat ip tuner. This will stream the tv to any Kodi box, smart tv or smart phone etc in the house. Plus you get the ability to record too.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
      X