Just installed Evohome and Hotwater kit, heating coming on with hotwater??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gazler
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2016

Just installed Evohome and Hotwater kit, heating coming on with hotwater??

Hi all, this is my first post.

I have just installed the evohome controller kit and the hotwater kit but I am not sure if I have configured everything right. My heating setup is a Y-Plan with a condensing boiler, an emersion tank and a mid-position 3 port valve.

On the heating side I only have a single zone with the evo controller acting as the thermostat. The BDR91 that came with the evohome I have set as the Heat Demand and I checked this works by overriding the schedule and turning the temperature up. I see the boiler is firing up and radiators get hot and I have had this working for about a month.

I then purchased and installed the Hotwater kit and checked this was all working and again, the boiler fires up when hot water is required. The problem I am having is that when hot water is required both the Heating BDR91 comes on and so does the HotWater one. Any ideas why?

I have factory reset everything god knows how many times but the same issue comes back.
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Hi - have a look at video 11. You need to use Guided Configuration and 2/3 port valve.

Ack: The Evohome Shop

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Out of the package the BDR91 is bound to the Evohome controller as a Boiler Relay. This causes no end of problems with S an Y plan systems because installers forget to clear that binding. It happened to me - I fixed it myself once the installers had left.

Comment

• Gazler
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Apr 2016

I followed the video and see my error :-)

OK, my next issue is that I only had a single zone set up with the controller acting as the thermostat. Now that I set my boiler relay as the heating valve I no longer see the temperature of the zone and instead a message saying "Not Bound".

Comment

• roydonaldson
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2013

Can you post a picture of the Zone configuration screen and the System status screen ?

Comment

• Gazler
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Apr 2016

20160405_203004.jpg
            20160405_203130.jpg
            20160405_203032.jpg

Hope these are what you asked for. The zone valve is just the last item I tried configuring as I was playing around trying to find one that worked.

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Gazler View Post
              I followed the video and see my error :-)

OK, my next issue is that I only had a single zone set up with the controller acting as the thermostat. Now that I set my boiler relay as the heating valve I no longer see the temperature of the zone and instead a message saying "Not Bound".
              If you're not going to add zoning then you need to repeat guided config and choose 'hot water only valve' under the guided config for hot water; then do guided config for zoning and answer yes for 'do you want to control heat demand' and then choose 'thermostat (single zone)' for heating zone type
              I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Gazler
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Apr 2016

That's exactly how I had it set which caused my original issue. When hotwater came on so did the heating.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

But did you clear the existing binding on the CH BDR91? (15 second press)

Comment

• top brake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Feb 2015

Ok try this - repeat guided config and choose 'hot water only valve' under the guided config for hot water; then do guided config for zoning and answer NO for 'do you want to control heat demand' and

then choose 'zone valve' for heating zone type and use the evotouch internal sensor and bind the central heating BDR91 as a zone valve

Configuring this way will mean you need to wire the boiler from the zone valve orange wires
                    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

Working...
                    X