• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mavis
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Oct 2014

HR92 Batteries & Reporing

Installed my new controller with no problems and straight away I had a notification symbol telling me that the batteries on the HR92 in the bedroom were low. These were the only ones I had not changed so no problems and it showed that the notification of low battery is working. (I changed them and cleared the log).

I have just had a quick look in the settings menu and noticed that the fault log was showing. When I have looked at it there is the classic error from the 10th April for the kitchen HR92 (fault and restore) saying battery low. I have checked the HR92 and it is showing 2 bars for the battery (with no symbol showing on the home screen).

Just a bit worried that there are going to be the same issues that if you do not look at the log then the system could potentially crash as it did with the old controller.

For test purposes I am not going to change the batteries until (if) it happens again.
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
    Installed my new controller with no problems and straight away I had a notification symbol telling me that the batteries on the HR92 in the bedroom were low. These were the only ones I had not changed so no problems and it showed that the notification of low battery is working. (I changed them and cleared the log).

I have just had a quick look in the settings menu and noticed that the fault log was showing. When I have looked at it there is the classic error from the 10th April for the kitchen HR92 (fault and restore) saying battery low. I have checked the HR92 and it is showing 2 bars for the battery (with no symbol showing on the home screen).

Just a bit worried that there are going to be the same issues that if you do not look at the log then the system could potentially crash as it did with the old controller.

For test purposes I am not going to change the batteries until (if) it happens again.
    I had gone and bought the new Wireless Panel to replace the old Gateway before the special offer so have had it in place a few weeks. The log seems to note batteries going down as you state but when very low I have been getting a message on the screen that you can't miss.

I have now taken to keeping a note of when I replace batteries. Interesting results. All was installed in December 2014. In that time in one zone I have replaced the batteries twice (i.e. been through 3 lots of batteries), in one zone the originals lasted 12 months, in another 15 months, and in another 3 zones 16 months. I have 11 zones but did not in the early days note when I changed batteries but all bar one zone have now had to be replaced. If I check the RF and signal strength from the Panel all is good. The zone where it is on its third set in 15 months has always reported a good signal. This zone is a little used bedroom where the set points throughout the day are 10C so the batteries presumably have had little use yet they drained the quickest. One of the more active zones (the lounge) and further away from the panel than the one drinking juice, gave me 12 months usage.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Mavis View Post

We discussed this a little bit in another thread (I think you posted there too) and I mentioned that I too started to receive intermittent low battery faults in the fault log book for the Living room HR92 (which was the one that has been installed the longest) even though it still reported 2 bars of battery on the HR92.

I would just consider this an "early warning" that the battery is starting to get a bit low but still has a bit of life left in it yet. Even though everything still seemed to be working OK I replaced the batteries as I don't like seeing errors in the fault log - the errors stopped.

Comment

• Mavis
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
        We discussed this a little bit in another thread (I think you posted there too) and I mentioned that I too started to receive intermittent low battery faults in the fault log book for the Living room HR92 (which was the one that has been installed the longest) even though it still reported 2 bars of battery on the HR92.

I would just consider this an "early warning" that the battery is starting to get a bit low but still has a bit of life left in it yet. Even though everything still seemed to be working OK I replaced the batteries as I don't like seeing errors in the fault log - the errors stopped.
        Yes, I had this quite a lot with the old controller but I was under the impression that the low battery symbol would show up on the home page display before it got to the stage of actual faults in the fault log showing an actual (albeit temporary) failure. I would have thought that the symbol would show first as an early warning before failures start happening.

Comment

• Mavis
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Oct 2014

Just checked the log and I have now got some more battery low errors but with no zone listed. Could this be related to this post made by Rameses about Ghost zones even though there are no ghost zones showing in the app?

http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497....<br /> <br />IMG_0179.jpg

Also , I don't know if this is related but in my SmartThings App, 4 out of 6 zones are showing a value of N in the temp zone. This also came about after I accidentally rebooted the unit.

Edit to add, the Evo and HR92s is working and displaying as they should.
          Last edited by Mavis; 18 April 2016, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Not sure if this is par for the course but Saturday morning last we went away for a few days. The control panel showed all was good. We got back Monday afternoon and the Panel showed there was an actuator problem or failure with one HR92. Checking the log on the Panel showed that it started to give low battery errors on the Saturday afternoon until Monday morning when the actuator failure came up. The heating was off whilst we were away. It would seem therefore that the battery low message appears for about 36 to 48 hours before failure. Needless to say changing the batteries resolved the issue.

However, it would be better if we could also get a message in the app that this is happening. If say you are away for a little while you could come back to a cold house, whereas if you are getting a message you could contact whoever may be looking after the house to change the batteries.

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

have you changed the batteries yet?
              I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Mavis
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Oct 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                have you changed the batteries yet?
                If you mean me, then yes I changed them after the 2nd errors as in post 5 above. I have had no errors or problems since (apart from my boiler problems at the weekend which weren't related.)

Comment

• top brake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Feb 2015

I'm fitting lithium cells to my HR92 as they come up for battery changes now. If you do the same makes sure you change the relevant parameter in installer settings
                  I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

Working...
                  X