• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterf
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2015

Honeywell Le Sucre

I wonder if anyone has any experience with the Honeywell Le Sucre system.

Having had a recent unwelcome night-time visit I am considering installing something that would grab a picture of any intruder and since the recent app has a security section I followed the links in that without finding anything meaningful. Going onto the various Honeywell sites, there's more information but nowhere a decent user guide that explains how the whole thing hangs together and how one goes about programming it.

The CAMIR-F1 PIR with a camera looks of interest but the resolution of 640 * 320 doesn't look brilliant

Apologies if this is a bit off topic but as it's a feature of the app others may have an interest.
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

You might want to hang fire until the new security solution is released: http://getconnected.honeywell.com/en...me-security-uk

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
      Site Sponsor
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
      You might want to hang fire until the new security solution is released: http://getconnected.honeywell.com/en...me-security-uk
      I would too...

Comment

• peterf
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2015

Thanks for the response Roy.

However that doesn't look any different from the stuff on this site:

Our video surveillance and access control products can scale and work together.

which looks to be already available from several distributors. Is it just some software tie-up that's outstanding or is it just a re-branding exercise?

Comment

• Fireblade69
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Apr 2016

I'm waiting for the Evohome security package later this year but not for the reason of branding and "next greatest thing" but just I refuse to buy such a ridiculously named product. "The Sugar" I mean WTF? Should be called "The Doberman" or "The Deathkill Flaming Intruder Response System"

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

Please wait until evohome security is released in UK as the control box is different to 'le sucre'.

Originally posted by peterf View Post
            I wonder if anyone has any experience with the Honeywell Le Sucre system.

Having had a recent unwelcome night-time visit I am considering installing something that would grab a picture of any intruder and since the recent app has a security section I followed the links in that without finding anything meaningful. Going onto the various Honeywell sites, there's more information but nowhere a decent user guide that explains how the whole thing hangs together and how one goes about programming it.

The CAMIR-F1 PIR with a camera looks of interest but the resolution of 640 * 320 doesn't look brilliant

Apologies if this is a bit off topic but as it's a feature of the app others may have an interest.
            I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Klaus
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Sep 2016

There are three versions of Le Sucre as far as i am aware. The original GPRS only version, the IP version and the combined GPRS/IP version (SUCRE BOX+). Does anyone know the difference between the SUCRE central units and the Evohome Security central unit? Is the Evohome unit a rebadged GPRS SUCRE or is it something else?

Comment

• peterf
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2015

Check out the thread "Evohome Security yet" in this forum.

I think it's just a re-badged unit. I have the Evohome Security system installed and it asks whether it's a SUCRE in the setup. The add-on devices look the same but have a different product number with an "S" tagged on to the end.

Comment

• Klaus
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Sep 2016

Originally posted by peterf View Post
                  Check out the thread "Evohome Security yet" in this forum.

I think it's just a re-badged unit. I have the Evohome Security system installed and it asks whether it's a SUCRE in the setup. The add-on devices look the same but have a different product number with an "S" tagged on to the end.
                  Thanks. I think you are right.

Comment

Working...
                  X