Thread: Honeywell Le Sucre

Automated Home Guru

Default Honeywell Le Sucre

I wonder if anyone has any experience with the Honeywell Le Sucre system.

Having had a recent unwelcome night-time visit I am considering installing something that would grab a picture of any intruder and since the recent app has a security section I followed the links in that without finding anything meaningful. Going onto the various Honeywell sites, there's more information but nowhere a decent user guide that explains how the whole thing hangs together and how one goes about programming it.

The CAMIR-F1 PIR with a camera looks of interest but the resolution of 640 * 320 doesn't look brilliant

Apologies if this is a bit off topic but as it's a feature of the app others may have an interest.

Automated Home Guru

You might want to hang fire until the new security solution is released: http://getconnected.honeywell.com/en...me-security-uk

Quote Originally Posted by roydonaldson View Post
    You might want to hang fire until the new security solution is released: http://getconnected.honeywell.com/en...me-security-uk
    I would too...

Automated Home Guru

Thanks for the response Roy.

However that doesn't look any different from the stuff on this site:

http://www.security.honeywell.com/uk...nels/le-sucre/

which looks to be already available from several distributors. Is it just some software tie-up that's outstanding or is it just a re-branding exercise?

Automated Home Jr Member

I'm waiting for the Evohome security package later this year but not for the reason of branding and "next greatest thing" but just I refuse to buy such a ridiculously named product. "The Sugar" I mean WTF? Should be called "The Doberman" or "The Deathkill Flaming Intruder Response System"

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Please wait until evohome security is released in UK as the control box is different to 'le sucre'.

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    I wonder if anyone has any experience with the Honeywell Le Sucre system.

Having had a recent unwelcome night-time visit I am considering installing something that would grab a picture of any intruder and since the recent app has a security section I followed the links in that without finding anything meaningful. Going onto the various Honeywell sites, there's more information but nowhere a decent user guide that explains how the whole thing hangs together and how one goes about programming it.

The CAMIR-F1 PIR with a camera looks of interest but the resolution of 640 * 320 doesn't look brilliant

Apologies if this is a bit off topic but as it's a feature of the app others may have an interest.

There are three versions of Le Sucre as far as i am aware. The original GPRS only version, the IP version and the combined GPRS/IP version (SUCRE BOX+). Does anyone know the difference between the SUCRE central units and the Evohome Security central unit? Is the Evohome unit a rebadged GPRS SUCRE or is it something else?

Automated Home Guru

Check out the thread "Evohome Security yet" in this forum.

I think it's just a re-badged unit. I have the Evohome Security system installed and it asks whether it's a SUCRE in the setup. The add-on devices look the same but have a different product number with an "S" tagged on to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    Check out the thread "Evohome Security yet" in this forum.

I think it's just a re-badged unit. I have the Evohome Security system installed and it asks whether it's a SUCRE in the setup. The add-on devices look the same but have a different product number with an "S" tagged on to the end.
    Thanks. I think you are right.