• Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

Samsung Smartthings Integration with evohome now live

Dear All

After a lengthy beta this is now live

Right, I’ve given up waiting for the official Evohome app to be released and have decided to release my own unofficial version. I’ve created a new thread for it here: [RELEASE] Honeywell Evohome Integration Z.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

A few days after you posted that ... it was pulled .. as an accidental release and has never returned... Now, almost a year since it was announced as coming soon it's still not available.... Any update from the Honeywell side ?

Comment

• Rameses
      Industry Expert
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      A few days after you posted that ... it was pulled .. as an accidental release and has never returned... Now, almost a year since it was announced as coming soon it's still not available.... Any update from the Honeywell side ?
      The integration is on Samsung's side. We have given them access and equipment. Sorry but we are as keen as you. As soon as we know something on our side we will post.
      getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Any idea when this might be live again?

Comment

• Rameses
          Industry Expert
          • Nov 2014

We spoke to Samsung. They understand and are doing what they can. What they have said is they are willing to sign up anyone who wants to be a beta user - on condition that this is beta (ie in development)
          So if you are keen - then DM your email - and I will forward.

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
            We spoke to Samsung. They understand and are doing what they can. What they have said is they are willing to sign up anyone who wants to be a beta user - on condition that this is beta (ie in development)
            So if you are keen - then DM your email - and I will forward.
            Many thanks. Yes I am keen to see this. I'll DM my email.

Richard
            Last edited by G4RHL; 7 February 2017, 02:33 PM. Reason: Entered email address by mistake.

Comment

• FullBore
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2016

BUMP !

I think I know the answer but it would be nice to have confirmation please.

FB

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

All went dead. Heard no more and SmartThings still does not see Honeywell Evohome.

Comment

• Rameses
                  Industry Expert
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                  All went dead. Heard no more and SmartThings still does not see Honeywell Evohome.
                  Its with Samsung - we can do no more, they have had kit (multiple times) they have had access to API (multiple times) and we have given help (multiple times)

We urge customers who want this to petition Samsung.

Comment

• Kevin
                    • Jan 2004

From the Samsung thread... [Aaron] and [Tyler] work for SmartThings
                    Hi there, I can see the US ZWave Honeywell thermostat supported, do you know if the European Honeywell EvoHome range will be coming to SmartThings ? Thanks, Roy.

[Roy_Donaldson Sept 2015] !!
                    do you know if the European Honeywell EvoHome range will be coming to SmartThings ?

[Aaron Sep 2015]
                    Yeppers! A picture is worth 1000 words:

[Aaron Nov 2015]
                    It's coming. We make some API changes, they make some API changes, eventually we meet in the middle and will get a working integration. We're are support excited to get Honeywell up and running.

[Aaron Jan 2016]
                    If you check back with me or support@ in 4-6 weeks, we should have better feedback on the integration and hopefully be ready to release it publicly.

[Aaron - Mar 2016]
                    Hrmmm... Full disclosure: I don't have a specific update or clarification. Changes are being made to the integration based on feedback from the beta. Still trying to determine timelines, etc. Hang with us!

[Aaron - May 2016]
                    I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We released integrations for a handful of Honeywell thermostats in North America today. The UK Honeywell evohome release was incidentally included. We are going to pull it while we put on some finishing touches, but know we are hard at work and it is coming soon.

[Aaron May 2016]
                    documentation for all the Honeywell integrations is currently under development. I'm not sure the ETA yet bc we are working through some API limitations (on both sides) to get the Evohome certified.

[Aaron June 2016]
                    In a metaphysical sense we are closer than we were before. The changes to the APIs for reliability are requiring some back and forth. I am not promising a date or deadline, but as a general order of magnitude it sounds like we are looking at weeks (as opposed to days or months).

[Aaron Aug 2016]
                    in full disclosure - I don't have a good update.
                    [Aaron Sep 2016]
                    ...I we will be showing everyone some cool progress soon.

[Aaron Feb 2017]
                    I am super sorry for the delay - we are still experiencing API integration issues. There are known issues with reliability of the integration.

[Aaron - Mar 2017]
                    Honeywell is a very important partner so I don't want to start a finger pointing game. Numerous API changes have been needed on both sides of the integration, which has been holding up WWST certification. I won't promise an updated timeline since it is not 100% under our control.

[Tyler - Mar 2017]
                    Yes, it's being worked on. In 18 months of development and testing we've been unable to get the Evohome system to pass our requirements for Works With SmartThings.

[PaulOckenden Nov 2017]
                    SmartThings blaming Honeywell and Honeywell blaming SmartThings.

Someone should lock them both in a room and tell them they can’t come out until they sort this out!

Comment

• Rameses
                      Industry Expert
                      • Nov 2014

Its because they cant handle zoning or something. They have no way of changing a number of zones with one command neatly. Amazon and Google figured it out ok.

Comment

• paulockenden
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Apr 2015

Meanwhile the 3rd party integration that David created continues to work nicely!

The only problem with it (and from what I remember of the beta 'official' integration) is that it only exposes the individual zones - there's no concept of the system as a whole. So if, for example, you sat one zone to 'away' mode it actually sets Evohome to away mode, affecting all zones. Ideally the system/controller should be exposed at the thing that you apply heating modes to. Much like how Domoticz does it.

Comment

• Kevin
                          • Jan 2004

AFAIK David abandoned this didn't he ? I haven't seen him post in recent times and he never published the updated version with hot water support. I really could use that bit, I keep meaning to have a go at adding it myself.

K

Comment

• paulockenden
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Apr 2015

I have a test version with HW support, and it works well, but as a beta tester I'm not really at liberty to distribute it.

Having said that, I can't see many people using HW integration - it's far more useful to be able to control zone temps and heating modes.

P.

Comment

• basiluk
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Oct 2008

Does anyone know when Samsung will release the Evohome integration?

Comment

Working...
                              X