Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung Smartthings Integration with evohome now live

Its because they cant handle zoning or something. They have no way of changing a number of zones with one command neatly. Amazon and Google figured it out ok.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Meanwhile the 3rd party integration that David created continues to work nicely!

The only problem with it (and from what I remember of the beta 'official' integration) is that it only exposes the individual zones - there's no concept of the system as a whole. So if, for example, you sat one zone to 'away' mode it actually sets Evohome to away mode, affecting all zones. Ideally the system/controller should be exposed at the thing that you apply heating modes to. Much like how Domoticz does it.

AFAIK David abandoned this didn't he ? I haven't seen him post in recent times and he never published the updated version with hot water support. I really could use that bit, I keep meaning to have a go at adding it myself.

K

I have a test version with HW support, and it works well, but as a beta tester I'm not really at liberty to distribute it.

Having said that, I can't see many people using HW integration - it's far more useful to be able to control zone temps and heating modes.

P.

Automated Home Sr Member

Does anyone know when Samsung will release the Evohome integration?

Never, I suspect.