Evohome + HGI80 & Domoticz users - zones calling for heat functionality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Up several versions and several reboots too. But still no battery information.

Comment

• DanD
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Feb 2016

Up several versions and several reboots too. But still no battery information.
      I'm at a loss to explain what might be causing this, or how to fix it. I'll be interested in hearing from others if they are seeing the same problem with either the Synology or other Domoticz versions. As I don't have one of the HR80s to troubleshoot or attempt to recreate the problem, I really need to see the evorraw.log, but you need to be able to edit the evohome.cpp code and recompile to enable this.

Dan

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

I'll see if I have any weak batteries around to see what Domoticz actually says when the controller has detected a weak battery device. Currently there are no battery errors in my log.

Comment

• DanD
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Feb 2016

Good idea! I should have thought of that. I've got my fingers crossed that the HR80 will show a 'Low' value in the battery status in your devices list if you manage to put some nearly-flat batteries in it. This will help confirm what I now think might be causing the messages to appear as missing.

Comment

• jdp80
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by DanD View Post
            I'm at a loss to explain what might be causing this, or how to fix it. I'll be interested in hearing from others if they are seeing the same problem with either the Synology or other Domoticz versions. As I don't have one of the HR80s to troubleshoot or attempt to recreate the problem, I really need to see the evorraw.log, but you need to be able to edit the evohome.cpp code and recompile to enable this.

Dan
            I see battery information for all my HR92s. v3.5770 with HGI80, Raspbian/rPI
            They all say 200, but they've only been in a few weeks..

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

Am now on the Synology V3.5855 and I seem to have taken a step backwards. Yesterday I removed the CH Valve from the evohome set-up, so basically now my evohome just controls the HW zone valve. But funnily enough my Domoticz was still seeing a CH Valve device. So I thought this must be due to the fact that my CH BDR91 is still powered, even though it's been unbound and all pairing reset. The red light is constantly flashing to indicate no pairing too.
              Anyway, so I upgraded the Domoticz version and deleted all devices and let them be detected again. Funny that my CH Valve device has returned again and is actually changing values as well. So something is clearly not right. Either it's another Zone been incorrectly named as CH Valve or something else is happening. Also the Zone renaming is completely gone. So previously where I could see all the Zone names, now I see now. There were previously 35 devices in my set-up, now with the CH BDR91 removed from the setting there are 33, but without the names it's hard to see the woods from the trees. (and yes I have restarted Domoticz over 4 times now)

And you can tell something has changed because now I see some new messages in the Syslog.
              e.g.
              2016-11-04 09:50:15.227 evohome: SYSINFO: d1 2015-11-27 App Ver 10 (2014-11-03) Name T87RF2025
              2016-11-04 11:58:19.262 evohome: SYSINFO: d1 2016-01-15 App Ver 12 (2014-07-31) Name R8810A Bridge
              Last edited by bruce_miranda; 4 November 2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

I chickened out and went with the latest Stable V3.5837, lets see if that brings the auto naming back?

update : They have started returning. So the latest beta has a change that's affecting the auto naming of the devices.
                Last edited by bruce_miranda; 4 November 2016, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

auto naming has never worked for me. I've tried various releases, both stable and beta, and nothing.

The other thing that kind of bugs me is that for a one rad zone I get three separate devices (setpoint from the controller, relay which I guess is the actuator, and zone which is the rad temp). And then for zones with multiple rads and/or thermostats you get even more devices. I have one zone which has ten of the things!

It's OK once you realise what's going on, but I suspect new users would find this very confusing. Perhaps it should be explained better in the wiki?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

Auto naming worked quite well for me but now it won't. I got all of one zone name yesterday on the current stable V3.5837. So something has definitely changed. And I agree with the multiple devices per zone. I have actually not yet managed to corelate all the devices found back to actual devices. It was hard enough with auto naming but now its almost impossible. The DHW Valve and CH Valve names appeared and also one single zone, that's it.
                    In the log I can see lots of entries for a Cloakroom named zone but I actually think those are for the various zones just incorrectly named as Cloakroom. I had seen this behaviour on one beta version where multiple zones were being renamed the same.
                    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 5 November 2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

Something has definitely changed wrt the auto naming. See my screen shots. The difference between the current stable version V3.5837 and the last beta where I had seen it work V3.5765. What is surprising though is that even the guy who compiles these Synology packages has confirmed that he cannot see any changes in the evohome code between those two version. Yet there must be. Even the data displayed for the zones appeared to have some differences, see "Heating Off" on some sensors.
                      Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 15.59.27.jpg
                      Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 17.01.42.jpg

Comment

• paulockenden
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Apr 2015

Another strange thing I've noticed is that my Y87 (round) thermostat also shows as a relay (alongside the normal heating/zone device). With an opening value (different to any of the rads in the zone). Wonder what that's all about?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

The auto naming and device sensing is not perfect. I have a zone which coincidentally also used a T87 as the sensor which has a problem. But in my case the sensor gets renamed fine, it's the relay that doesn't get the correct name, it takes on the same name as the zone prior to that in Unit number order.
                          But atleast now with this version I got the names back.

Comment

• paulockenden
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Apr 2015

I don't get ANY zone naming. Just 45 devices that I always struggle to assign correctly to my zones!

It's never worked here.

Comment

• DJBenson
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Feb 2016

Can anybody recommend somewhere to purchase a HGI80 from? I'm currently using the script method with Domoticz but would like to bring the control "in house" as it were and not rely on the Honeywell API.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jul 2014

The bay. Brand new and reasonable shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                X