Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Evohome + HGI80 & Domoticz users - zones calling for heat functionality?

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Mine was an eBay purchase. Make sure you do an eu rather than a U.K. Search, as they come up more frequently from sellers across the channel.

Automated Home Jr Member

I suspected as much - only two available at the moment, coming in around 130.00 including delivery - is that the going rate for a new one?

Before I take the plunge, I am right in saying that buying this will remove my dependency on the Evohome web services won't it? I'll be able to control the EvoTouch remotely once connected to Domoticz so if the Honeywell service goes down (or heaven forbid disappears) my system would still work remotely (albeit via Domoticz rather than the Honeywell app)?

Automated Home Legend

When I looked recently I found one for 94 including shipping on ebay. (I didn't buy it though)

So I would keep looking a bit longer if I were you and wait for a bargain to come up.

I seem to remember paying about 40 for mine.

Of course that was before the exchange rate went south...

This is cheaper than the eBay sellers: http://www.piecevolet.com/fr/119229-...e-evohome.html

(Can't vouch for them - it's just what a two minute google unearthed).

Update: cheaper still: http://www.2dehands.be/bouw/verwarmi...274317803.html

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Dan, i'm pretty new to all this but i've a question which i didn't see discuss. Maybe someone can help. First of all i'm using Domoticz (the latest stable version) on a Synology. My heating system is as follows. I have on the grond floor under floor heating in 7 rooms. They are controlled bij HCE0. In every room there is a DTS92 for temperature management. (On the first floor there are 4 radiators using the HR92). The system is all connected as follows: The Evohome receives the temperatures from the DTS92's. When there is a heat demand it controls the Intergas Boiler by modulation using the R8810A1018. Also the Evohome sends signals to the HCE80 to open the valves of a specific room. Now my question:

In Domticz I see every room temperature correctly also relay's (not always withe the right names, sometimes just called zone especilly the one with ufh). What I don't see are the signals send bij the Evohome to the HCE80. First I thouhgt that the relays for the rooms where those signals, but the device id is comming from a DTS92. I checked this by removing the batteries and then the signal is seen at last by the time I removed the battery. So the relay for example for the living room is not comming from the Evohome but from the DTS92. I'm curious what the Evohome is telling the HCE80. The reason I want to know this is that te relay now asks for a heat demand (even with percentages bigger than 50) but the valve for the UFH is not opened. It seems to be a different signal. By accident i was tryring to rebind my evohome for the living room to the HCE80 by pressing only the bind button on the Evohome and I suddenly saw I new relay (with the same id as the evotouch called living room. I thought: this is the one i'm looking for, but unfortunately in the log i could see it received only 3 times a signal and then it was'n seen anymore. I also tried to do this binding again, and again, but I never could repeat what happened the first time. I hope I made myself clear and maybe someone can help.

Thanks, Hans

Automated Home Legend

I went through the same issue a little while ago. Having a Heat Demand doesn't mean and immediate valve open. The valve opens using TPI while there is heat demand. But depending on when you look you could find it closed too.

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks, that is true, but i try to figure out what exactly is happening. Therefore i'm trying to log the signal that Evohome gives to open the valve (the underlying problem is that we have a very well isolated house and sometimes evohome keeps demanding for heat even when te temperature is far above the setpoint, also the other way round, sometimes temperature can be far below the setpoint and there is no heat demand at all). I want to confront Honeywell with this and therefore i'm looking for data that can be used as relevance). But i'm right that de relay i see now in Domoticz is not coming from the Evohome controller but directly from the DTS92?

Thanks, Hans

Automated Home Jr Member

I have three UFH zones on a HCC80, I've noticed the same. After analysing raw logs from the HGI80, it does not look like Evohome sends a percentage value for the amount of UFH heat required, rather it seems that the HCC80 controller calculates the amount itself based on the zone set point, current temperature etc.
    I guess this makes sense given that the temperature sensors are bound to the HCC80 during the setup process.

Automated Home Lurker

Maybe your are right. The binding process according to the manual involves two steps (two bindings for each zone). The first step with a flashing red led that binds te HCE80 to the Evohome room temperature and the second step one with a green led which binds the device to te room temperature set point. But it seems that there also has been changed something. I couldn't read anyhting about it, but there are also instructions as is the case with my HCE80 that the binding proces is in one step with a amber coloured led flashing. Strange...