Evohome + HGI80 & Domoticz users - zones calling for heat functionality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Mine was an eBay purchase. Make sure you do an eu rather than a U.K. Search, as they come up more frequently from sellers across the channel.

Comment

• DJBenson
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2016

I suspected as much - only two available at the moment, coming in around 130.00 including delivery - is that the going rate for a new one?

Before I take the plunge, I am right in saying that buying this will remove my dependency on the Evohome web services won't it? I'll be able to control the EvoTouch remotely once connected to Domoticz so if the Honeywell service goes down (or heaven forbid disappears) my system would still work remotely (albeit via Domoticz rather than the Honeywell app)?

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

When I looked recently I found one for £94 including shipping on ebay. (I didn't buy it though)

So I would keep looking a bit longer if I were you and wait for a bargain to come up.

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

I seem to remember paying about £40 for mine.

Of course that was before the exchange rate went south...

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

This is cheaper than the eBay sellers: http://www.piecevolet.com/fr/119229-...e-evohome.html

(Can't vouch for them - it's just what a two minute google unearthed).

Update: cheaper still: http://www.2dehands.be/bouw/verwarmi...274317803.html

Comment

• Ditbenik
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Dec 2016

Hi Dan, i'm pretty new to all this but i've a question which i didn't see discuss. Maybe someone can help. First of all i'm using Domoticz (the latest stable version) on a Synology. My heating system is as follows. I have on the grond floor under floor heating in 7 rooms. They are controlled bij HCE0. In every room there is a DTS92 for temperature management. (On the first floor there are 4 radiators using the HR92). The system is all connected as follows: The Evohome receives the temperatures from the DTS92's. When there is a heat demand it controls the Intergas Boiler by modulation using the R8810A1018. Also the Evohome sends signals to the HCE80 to open the valves of a specific room. Now my question:

In Domticz I see every room temperature correctly also relay's (not always withe the right names, sometimes just called zone especilly the one with ufh). What I don't see are the signals send bij the Evohome to the HCE80. First I thouhgt that the relays for the rooms where those signals, but the device id is comming from a DTS92. I checked this by removing the batteries and then the signal is seen at last by the time I removed the battery. So the relay for example for the living room is not comming from the Evohome but from the DTS92. I'm curious what the Evohome is telling the HCE80. The reason I want to know this is that te relay now asks for a heat demand (even with percentages bigger than 50) but the valve for the UFH is not opened. It seems to be a different signal. By accident i was tryring to rebind my evohome for the living room to the HCE80 by pressing only the bind button on the Evohome and I suddenly saw I new relay (with the same id as the evotouch called living room. I thought: this is the one i'm looking for, but unfortunately in the log i could see it received only 3 times a signal and then it was'n seen anymore. I also tried to do this binding again, and again, but I never could repeat what happened the first time. I hope I made myself clear and maybe someone can help.

Thanks, Hans

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jul 2014

I went through the same issue a little while ago. Having a Heat Demand doesn't mean and immediate valve open. The valve opens using TPI while there is heat demand. But depending on when you look you could find it closed too.

Comment

• Ditbenik
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Dec 2016

Thanks, that is true, but i try to figure out what exactly is happening. Therefore i'm trying to log the signal that Evohome gives to open the valve (the underlying problem is that we have a very well isolated house and sometimes evohome keeps demanding for heat even when te temperature is far above the setpoint, also the other way round, sometimes temperature can be far below the setpoint and there is no heat demand at all). I want to confront Honeywell with this and therefore i'm looking for data that can be used as relevance). But i'm right that de relay i see now in Domoticz is not coming from the Evohome controller but directly from the DTS92?

Thanks, Hans

Comment

• jdp80
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Mar 2016

I have three UFH zones on a HCC80, I've noticed the same. After analysing raw logs from the HGI80, it does not look like Evohome sends a percentage value for the amount of UFH heat required, rather it seems that the HCC80 controller calculates the amount itself based on the zone set point, current temperature etc.
                    I guess this makes sense given that the temperature sensors are bound to the HCC80 during the setup process.

Comment

• Ditbenik
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Dec 2016

Maybe your are right. The binding process according to the manual involves two steps (two bindings for each zone). The first step with a flashing red led that binds te HCE80 to the Evohome room temperature and the second step one with a green led which binds the device to te room temperature set point. But it seems that there also has been changed something. I couldn't read anyhting about it, but there are also instructions as is the case with my HCE80 that the binding proces is in one step with a amber coloured led flashing. Strange...

Comment

• Ditbenik
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Dec 2016

I just noticed also something else involving the valves. The evohome fires my boiler every 20 minutes. I just payed attention to it. The living room teperature ask for heat, but the accomanied valve is closed. All the other valves are closed too. Now the Evohome asked my boiler at the next 20 minutes to fire up the boiler. It starts to heat. The pipes are getting hot. But.... where does alle the heat goed. It can' go anywhere (except in the bypass) cause all the valves are closed. It seems to me that this is not efficient causing me to spill gas for nothing. It seems that the two processes (asking the boiler for heat and opening the valves) are taking place totally seperated... I think that is not as it should be... It is either way: or asking heat from the boiler and also opening the valves or the valves are closed but than also there is no need for firing up the boiler.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

This was always something that bothered me, and that's why I dragged my feet having the zone valves and boiler controller independently. In terms of your 20 mins boiler firing, check the fail safe option to see if it's enabled.

Comment

• DanD
                            Automated Home Ninja
                            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Ditbenik View Post
                            Hi Dan, i'm pretty new to all this but i've a question which i didn't see discuss. Maybe someone can help. First of all i'm using Domoticz (the latest stable version) on a Synology. My heating system is as follows. I have on the grond floor under floor heating in 7 rooms. They are controlled bij HCE0. In every room there is a DTS92 for temperature management. (On the first floor there are 4 radiators using the HR92). The system is all connected as follows: The Evohome receives the temperatures from the DTS92's. When there is a heat demand it controls the Intergas Boiler by modulation using the R8810A1018. Also the Evohome sends signals to the HCE80 to open the valves of a specific room. Now my question:

In Domticz I see every room temperature correctly also relay's (not always withe the right names, sometimes just called zone especilly the one with ufh). What I don't see are the signals send bij the Evohome to the HCE80. First I thouhgt that the relays for the rooms where those signals, but the device id is comming from a DTS92. I checked this by removing the batteries and then the signal is seen at last by the time I removed the battery. So the relay for example for the living room is not comming from the Evohome but from the DTS92. I'm curious what the Evohome is telling the HCE80. The reason I want to know this is that te relay now asks for a heat demand (even with percentages bigger than 50) but the valve for the UFH is not opened. It seems to be a different signal. By accident i was tryring to rebind my evohome for the living room to the HCE80 by pressing only the bind button on the Evohome and I suddenly saw I new relay (with the same id as the evotouch called living room. I thought: this is the one i'm looking for, but unfortunately in the log i could see it received only 3 times a signal and then it was'n seen anymore. I also tried to do this binding again, and again, but I never could repeat what happened the first time. I hope I made myself clear and maybe someone can help.

Thanks, Hans
                            Hi Hans,

Unfortunately the HCC/HCE80 isn't fully implemented in the Domoticz code as I don't have one in my set-up. I have spent a little time with another user analysing the messages that this device sends and I think that you are correct and I don't think the HCE80 sends information on each individual zone/valve demand. Instead it only sends the overall demand to the main Evohome controller. I will try and find the posts where I was discussing this topic with another user and see if any of the information helps to troubleshoot the problems that you're having with your Evohome set-up.

Dan

Comment

• Ditbenik
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Dec 2016

Thank you Dan and Bruce_Miranda,

Bruce, what do you mean by check the fail safe option, where do I find that?

Dan, I think you are right. I saw a relay with a device number that is the same number as (I figured out) that represents the pump of the HCE80. So the relay is coming from this unit. It is always on and represents a percentage (I think indeed the overal heat demand calculated by the HCE80?). Now I see that this percentage is exactly the same as the percentage that is send every twenty minutes (the cycle of 3 times an hour) to the boiler. So it seems that the Evohome itself is not calculating the total amount of heat of the underfloor. The total amount seems to be calculated (regarding the device number) by the HCE80. Maybe the Evohome combines this with the amout of heat needed for the radiotors and sent then the total of that to the boiler. This last thing I haven't checked because the radiotor valves in my house are always closed (so they are not asking for heat at the moment). Am I thinking in the right way?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jul 2014

Installer Menu, System Parameters. Check Fail Safe is enabled or disabled?

Comment

Working...
                                X