Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome + HGI80 & Domoticz users - zones calling for heat functionality?

Automated Home Guru

Thanks.

We've spent some time this evening examining the log for potential Opentherm messages and doesn't look hopeful so far, sorry. My best guess at the moment is that the Opentherm bridge performs the conversion from Evohome messages to Opentherm commands based upon the heat demand and DHW status messages from the controller. Will keep on hunting though and hoping that I'm wrong. In the meantime, I'm also going to make the code more robust to cope with installations where there are other Evohome systems within range. Currently this totally messes up the whole set-up.

Dan

Automated Home Guru

Just a quick update. All the recent Evohome updates have now been merged into the main Domoticz repository, so if you update to the most recent beta you'll get all these changes. Here's a brief list of the updates.

• Added automatic temperature device naming
    • Added 'Bind Temp Sensor' button which enables the linking of non-Evohome room temperature sensor devices
    • Added devices to monitor heat demand
    • Added 'All Sensors' button which enables functionality to monitor individual device temperatures in zones with multiple devices (single-room and multi-room zones)
    • And a few bug fixes

I'm working on a few more tweaks:

• Update to improve automatic zone naming in situations when zone_name messages get interrupted
    • Add functionality to handle installations where there are multiple controllers within range
    • Fix bug preventing battery levels appearing in device list
    • Investigate periodic corruption of groups of messages
    • Investigate whether any Opentherm messages are available

Happy to receive ideas if you can think of any other functionality that you'd find useful.

Dan

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Just updated my Pi to the latest Beta build.

Something odd is happening. For example, I'm seeing 'Zone1' appear several times in Devices.

zone1.jpg

Any ideas?

P.

oh - that's a bit unreadable - let's try again...

zone1.jpg
    Last edited by paulockenden; 6th June 2016 at 04:53 PM.

Grrr... Bloody forum and its silly image mangling. Hopefully you can see enough.

Automated Home Guru

Hi Paul,

Thanks for giving the new version a try!

It looks like the 'All Sensors' functionality has been enabled. What this does is create separate devices for all sensors within every zone and they are given Unit values of Zone no.+ 12. It fills up your device list with duplicates of the 'master' zone devices shown by the controller as well as adding additional unique devices for every 'hidden' device due to zone grouping. These devices show the messages sent directly from each device rather than the controller messages (there should be a unique device no. in the ID field). If you delete all of the Heating - Zone devices with a Unit value > 12 from your device list it will disable this functionality and they shouldn't reappear. Based upon the Zone 1 devices that have appeared, it looks like you possibly have 2 HR92s and a separate temp sensor. Does this match your set-up? Do you think you might have clicked on the 'All Sensors' button or might their be a bug, as the functionality should be disabled by default?

Dan
    Last edited by DanD; 6th June 2016 at 07:35 PM.

Yes - that matches my setup exactly. And yes, I did click that button.

Now I know what they are I'll keep them, as I think they'll be useful. I just needed the explanation!

It's going to be interesting to compare the different temperatures in that Zone one (the two rads and the round wall stat). Actually, I think there are three rads, so there's probably another Zone1 in there somewhere. I'll keep playing.

Thanks again for your work on this.

Automated Home Guru

That's great, glad to know it isn't a bug. I need to update the Domoticz-Evohome wiki with all of this so that the new functionality is clearly explained. I've found the 'Custom graph' feature is really useful with 'All Sensors' as you can compare the profiles to see how the temperatures compare across devices within the zone.

Dan

Is there any easy way to name the TPI zone relays? All of mine are just 'Zone'.

I suppose I could just go through the system manually setting a demand on each one, so discover which widget moves.

P.

Automated Home Guru

Hi Paul,

Sorry, I didn't manage to extend the auto-naming to the Zone Relays in this release. The Unit value indicates which zone they're which should help in identification. I've re-worked the zone naming in the next release so Zone & Relay devices are all correctly named - coming soon.....

Dan

Automated Home Guru

Just a quick update to let you know that I've updated the Domoticz Evohome wiki to describe all the new HGI80 functionality available in version 4.5337 beta onwards.

https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Evohome

Enjoy!

Dan