Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome + HGI80 & Domoticz users - zones calling for heat functionality?

Automated Home Guru

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not exactly sure how the Domoticz beta release numbering works for the compiled releases, but I've definitely messed up my numbering somehow. My self-compiled versions were showing 3.5337, but I've checked the contents of the 3.5288 compiled beta release on the Domoticz download page and it definitely includes my updates. I'll correct the Domoticz Evohome wiki to indicate that that the functionality was added in release 3.5288.

Thanks.
    Dan

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the clarification.

Paul

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi all,

I have been playing with the latest beta software. Nice! I am seeing more relay devices than I expected. Specifically, the devices with Idx 9 and 11 in the image below. Does anybody have any idea what these are?

For reference, my setup is:
    combo boiler
    Evotouch WiFi controller
    BDR91
    Lounge: DTS92 and two HR92
    Hall: HR92
    Bedroom 1: HR92
    Bedroom 2: DTS92 and HR92
    Bathroom towel radiator is not controlled (it doubles as a bypass)
    Kitchen has an independent electric plinth fan heater
    Evotouch controller internal temperature sensor is not used as it is close to the hall radiator

A thought. My next door neighbour has a CM927 and BDR91. Her BDR91 is only 7m or so as the crow flies from my HGI80. Is it possible that I am seeing her devices?

Paul

devices.jpg

Automated Home Guru

Hi Paul,

Good to hear that you've got it set-up and working with the new Domoticz beta. Unfortunately I've no idea what those two additional relays are. I'm still working on the Evohome Domoticz code and I have seen a similar Zone 0 relay in another user's set-up, but in their set-up I think this is coming from their Evohome Opentherm bridge which the code doesn't currently handle correctly. They could possibly be devices from your neighbour's set-up as the code doesn't currently perform any filtering and displays all devices within range, irrespective of the controller that they've been bound to. I'm still testing a newer version of the code which does filter out devices bound to other controllers.
    Another comment on your device list, it's also odd that you've got two boiler devices appearing with different Device IDs. This seems to confirm that you're probably detecting the neighbour's devices.

If you were interested in exploring the problem a little more, you could try out the Domoticz version in my github development area. However, this requires compiling on the Pi and this can be a pain to set-up if you've previous only been installing from binaries. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post the details.

Dan

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Dan,

I should explain that I started with the stable version of Domoticz and saw the first 7 devices (Idx 1 - 7). I updated the software to beta to get the heat demand monitoring functionality and the other devices (Idx 8 - 16) then appeared. What seems strange to me is that the second boiler relay device (Idx 10) has the same Device ID as my Evotouch controller. It's also curious that the extra zone relay devices (Idx 9 and 11) have consecutive Device IDs. Is it possible for a device to have more than one Device ID?

Paul

Automated Home Guru

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the additional info. You've helped explain some of the strange devices. I recommend that you either delete your current HGI80 device within the Set-up -> Hardware menu in Domoticz and add again (recommended) or add another HGI80 with a new name. The beta Evohome code has changed the population of the DeviceID field to help with device management and detection and so you've ended up with a mixture of different device structures in your list. You can also back-up your Domoticz device list before deleting the HGI80 if you're worried about the possibility of losing other info. I think this will fix the duplicate Boiler device, but not sure about the others. I've seen a few devices with consecutive deviceIDs as they are from the same kit e.g. the HR92 multi-packs. Most devices only have a single deviceID, but one exception is the newer wifi controller as it provides the controller and internet gateway functions and these have different devicedIDs i.e. 2 devices in 1.

Let me know how you get on, I've got my fingers crossed that this will fix most of the unusual devices. PS the beta code also auto-names the zones to make it easier to set-up which helps when you want to reset all your Evohome devices.

Dan

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Dan,

I followed your recommendations. I also updated the software to v3.5299.

It made a little difference. Firstly, the devices now start at Idx 8. Secondly, the 'real' BDR91 (Device ID 340be1) is no longer visible. However, it doesn't seem to matter because the Boiler Relay with the same Device ID as the controller gives me the demand info that I am after. One observation is that a Custom graph showing the demand from several devices would be really nice. Like the one in the Temperature tab.

devices2.jpg

Thanks for a really useful piece of work and for your help.

Paul

Automated Home Guru

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad the device list looks a little better. I agree about the lack of a custom graph functionality and I may take a look a this to see if I can replicate the temperature sensor menu option in Domoticz. A couple of questions about your device set-up which will help me to make sure that the code is coping OK with different set-ups; do you have your CH and DHW BDR91 relays set-up to each fire the boiler independently rather than using a 'boiler relay' set-up? The reason I ask is that you've only got a single Boiler heat demand device appearing, but I would have expected there to be a separate device for the DHW (this makes me wonder whether the 2 additional Zone-relay devices might possibly be from your system, but not being correctly recognised by the code. It'll be interesting to see if either change their status when your DHW is heating). Also the DHW temperature is showing 0deg, had you just set-up the list or is the temperature not updating correctly?

Dan

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Dan,

I have a combi boiler so DHW is not relevant.

I tried creating a heat demand zone by zone to see if the two additional zone relay devices responded. The Lounge, Hall and Bedroom 1 zones behaved perfectly. To my surprise one of the additional zone relay devices responded to Bedroom 2 demand. See screen captures below. What is strange is that although boiler demand is shown, the green LED on the BDR91 does not light and the boiler does not fire. If I add heat demand from Bedroom 1 zone, the boiler fires. It seems something is amiss with my setup. Perhaps the bindings are wrong?

devices3.jpg

devices4.jpg

devices5.jpg

This demonstrates one of the shortcomings of the evohome system. If something is set up incorrectly, there is absolutely no diagnostic information to help you find out what is wrong. With Domoticz and your work I have a fighting chance of resolving the problem.

Paul

Automated Home Guru

Hi Paul,

OK, now I think I understand your system, I didn't notice that you'd originally posted that you had a combi boiler. I'd also assumed that you'd already tested your system via the controller after set-up, but it does sound like you've got some incorrect device binding for Bedroom 2. I'd try setting up this zone again and hopefully this might fix its problem. You also shouldn't have any DHW temp in your system, does the controller show DHW? When the system seems to be working OK via the controller, then you can start to see how the devices function via the HGI80 and Domoticz. At the moment, I'm concerned that you may possibly be seeing some devices from your neighbour's Honeywell system via the HGI80 which complicates trying to use Domoticz to diagnose/troubleshoot your system.

Good luck!

Dan