Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Evohome + HGI80 & Domoticz users - zones calling for heat functionality?

Automated Home Guru

Hi Bruce,

Sorry, I should have explained my reply a little more. The current code does plot % demand exactly as you've requested, but it sounds like you're not getting this functionality as the browser is still running the JavaScript code from a previous Domoticz version held in its cache. I can post a screenshot tomorrow, if it helps, to check that I'm understanding exactly what you're describing.

PS I'll add the battery info to my list too to look into. The signal strength doesn't get populated for Evohome devices as it isn't transmitted to the controller.

Dan
    Last edited by DanD; 18th October 2016 at 12:47 AM.

Automated Home Guru

Hi,

Here's an example of how the demand graphs should look in the switches log showing % demand:

Demand pct2.jpg

Dan

Automated Home Legend

I see what you mean about the browser cache playing havoc. Even after clearing the Chrome browser cache 3 times I can't get the output. See attached images of the same device in IE and Chrome.

Domoticz graphs IE.jpg

Domoticz graphs Chrome.jpg

Really scratching my head wondering why I'm having so much trouble clearing my Chrome browser cache.

Update : It turned out that I need to delete the Domoticz Cookie in chrome and that forced the web page to refresh the Browser cache. So now my graphs work.
    I think I really need to find a Vaillant eBUS monitor to see if I can find any correlation between the "Boiler" and those "Zone" devices and the target temperature being set by my OT bridge.
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 18th October 2016 at 11:23 AM.

Automated Home Guru

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you managed to fix the cache refresh ptoblem with Chrome. I've just realised that this also might be linked to the battery status not appearing in the devices list. Are they appearing OK now? I don't have any HR80s, but I'd be surprised if they use a different command structure from the HR92s, so I'm hoping it might just be a cache related problem.

Automated Home Legend

In fact you dont need to refresh the cache at all. Just delete the cookie for the domoticz server and it forces the browser to reset the cache. No battery info still. I know the HR80 transmits it because the controller is able to show when the batteries need changing.

Automated Home Legend

Up several versions and several reboots too. But still no battery information.

Automated Home Guru

Up several versions and several reboots too. But still no battery information.
    I'm at a loss to explain what might be causing this, or how to fix it. I'll be interested in hearing from others if they are seeing the same problem with either the Synology or other Domoticz versions. As I don't have one of the HR80s to troubleshoot or attempt to recreate the problem, I really need to see the evorraw.log, but you need to be able to edit the evohome.cpp code and recompile to enable this.

Dan

Automated Home Legend

I'll see if I have any weak batteries around to see what Domoticz actually says when the controller has detected a weak battery device. Currently there are no battery errors in my log.

Automated Home Guru

Good idea! I should have thought of that. I've got my fingers crossed that the HR80 will show a 'Low' value in the battery status in your devices list if you manage to put some nearly-flat batteries in it. This will help confirm what I now think might be causing the messages to appear as missing.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    I'm at a loss to explain what might be causing this, or how to fix it. I'll be interested in hearing from others if they are seeing the same problem with either the Synology or other Domoticz versions. As I don't have one of the HR80s to troubleshoot or attempt to recreate the problem, I really need to see the evorraw.log, but you need to be able to edit the evohome.cpp code and recompile to enable this.

Dan
    I see battery information for all my HR92s. v3.5770 with HGI80, Raspbian/rPI
    They all say 200, but they've only been in a few weeks..