• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 88Hardy
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2014

Evohome UFH setup

Hi, I am in the process of installing UFH in our new extension, it is the PolyPlumb kit complete with pump , motorised zone valve and actuators. Looking through all of the HCE80 info Ican't see where to wire in the Zone valve, which begs the question, do I need one at all? if I do should it be controlled by a BDR91?
    Thanks
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by 88Hardy View Post
    Hi, I am in the process of installing UFH in our new extension, it is the PolyPlumb kit complete with pump , motorised zone valve and actuators. Looking through all of the HCE80 info Ican't see where to wire in the Zone valve, which begs the question, do I need one at all? if I do should it be controlled by a BDR91?
    Thanks
    Just wire the zone valve in parallel with the pump
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

Most plumbers will want to put the boiler's flow and return directly to the UFH manifold. And that's where you require the zone valve. If your entire UFH is doing just a single zone then you don't need a HCE80, just used a normal Y87RF kit that comes with a thermostat and the wireless BDR91, that can be used as your accuator to turn on the zone valve.

Also if you need a motorised zone valve to control the flow to the entire manifold look into the "guardian solutions smart zone valves". Apparently the honeywell zone valves are not designed to stay on for great lengths of time and will seize over time in a UFH setting.
      Last edited by bruce_miranda; 26 May 2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

The Honeywell zone valves are best in class and whilst not intended for continuous operation will be perfectly suited to a UFH application. Although arguably not required when you have a fixed blended temp pumped circuit UFH with manifold.
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

Working...
        X