• Show
Clear All
  • Asterix
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2005

LD11 + Dim problem with ActiveHome

Hello,

I'm a Belgium newbie is X10 technology.

I control my LD11 with a CM11USB module.

When I use Activehome with macro, the dimmer function have some strange behavior. I know you have two mode, relative and absolute but it seems when you dim several time with e.g. 20%, after it becomes difficult to bright with 30%, ...

Have you experience with this kind of feature.

I think the problem can come with the 'memory' dimmer inside the LD11 vs the LD10...

In resume, I would create 3 'light' zones in a room and create a scenario like this : Push a button on an IR remote control with the IR7243 interface and execute : zone1 dim from 100% to 30%, zone2 dim from 100% to 50%, zone3 dim from 100% to 30%, after z1 dim to off, Z3 dim to off and z2 dim to off. This scenario would be stored in the CM11 module to operate in stand alone mode, without a PC connected.

Thanks for your help.

Asterix !
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Re: LD11 + Dim problem with ActiveHome

Hi Asterix

The LD11s can be set straight to a certain level from memory. This is possible using extended commands and I'm pretty sure I tried it successfully using HomeVision. I'm not sure if it can be done using the CM12 though.

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• Asterix
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Otto-Mate
      Hi Asterix

The LD11s can be set straight to a certain level from memory. This is possible using extended commands and I'm pretty sure I tried it successfully using HomeVision. I'm not sure if it can be done using the CM12 though.

M.
      Is it a free software ? Can we send macro to CM11 ? I use CM11 not CM12.
      Thanks

Comment

• Otto-Mate
        Founder
        • Jan 2004

HomeVision is a hardware system. You could try www.homeseer.com (another software package that works with CM12) to see if it supports it.

M.
        Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
        www.twitter.com/ottomate
        www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• FrankMcAlinden
          Automated Home Guru
          • Feb 2004

Hi

Theres an xPL CM11 Plugin available here

xPL is free........

HTH
          Frank
          Home of FirM - the Multi Zone IR Transport System
          http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/index.html

Comment

• jon00
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Otto-Mate
            HomeVision is a hardware system. You could try www.homeseer.com (another software package that works with CM12) to see if it supports it.

M.
            FYI, Homeseer using a CM11 or CM12 supports extended X10 commands out of the box.
            Jon

www.jon00.me.uk

Comment

• BELL
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Jan 2007

question about LD11 and PRU256 Programmer/logger

can i program the LD11 via the logger to turn on without softstart?

thank you!

Comment

• toscal
                • Oct 2005

The dim commands in active home can be quite confusing. One thing that does seem to help is to never actually turn the LD11 off. What I mean by this is instead of issuing an OFF command just issue a DIM command until the light goes off. And then when you want to turn it on just issue a bright command until you get to the required level. Can't remeber if this is actually possible in Active home though.
                Another way to do this is if you always want 20% brightness at start, then when you switch off dim to 20% first then have a small delay and switch the LD11 off. So when you switch on the LD11 will always jump to 20%. Have you tried using 40% bright instead of 20%. Depending on the type of bulbs you use, I have seen sometimes that what should be seen as an increase in Brightness doesn't actually appear to be so.
                Like Otto-mate I use Homevision now for all my automation.
                IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
                Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
                X