• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mbf82
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2016

Replacement adaptor valves for HR92

Hi,

I'm getting my new place renovated and installing an evohome system a few months ago was the first step.
    Last week some painters started painting the downstairs and they decided to remove the evohome radiator valves by just pulling until they came off. The result is that the thread of two of them got damaged. When the valve tries to close the radiator by turning the valve clockwise, the thread is not strong enough, so the valve jump jumps off...

I'm looking at ordering some new adaptors, but I'm not sure which one is the correct one. Is the ACH28 (https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/radiato...ontroller.html) the only possible ones or are there different models? If yes, how do I know which one I need?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Are you just using the adaptor that came with the HR92 ? If so the link above is the wrong adaptor. The standard bundled adaptor is M30x1.5.

I don't think it's available for purchase separately through normal channels but there are reports on the forum that Honeywell are willing to provide replacements adaptors if asked for.

Comment

• mbf82
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
      Are you just using the adaptor that came with the HR92 ? If so the link above is the wrong adaptor. The standard bundled adaptor is M30x1.5.

I don't think it's available for purchase separately through normal channels but there are reports on the forum that Honeywell are willing to provide replacements adaptors if asked for.
      Thanks. I've emailed Honeywell, let's see what they say.

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

PM me with your address details and I'll pop them in the post to you foc
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• mbf82
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by top brake View Post
          Thank you very much , but it's not needed any more. I talked with the main guy doing the renovation and he said that he talked with some plumbing stuff reseller and that they are going to send a few new ones free or charge!

I'm impressed that multiple people offered to help free of charge! Thanks!

Comment

• davidaj
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
            Having just started to fire up the radiators after summer, I've suffered a similar problem where the thread on one of the adapters no longer stops at the end point, and the valve just keeps trying to spin it to switch it off, so I've had to remove it for now. Looks like I can't get a replacement without needing to buy a whole new rad valve, which I'd rather not have to do of course. Is the offer still open to get just a replacement adapter?

Thanks

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

No problem please pm me your contact details and address and I'll get one shipped
              I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

Working...
              X