• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The EVOHOME Shop
    Site Sponsor
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
    I have had a further loss of comms with the HW sensor. It has still not restored itself - 48 minutes later. Can any of the Honeywell Evohome team ( or Richard @ The EVShop) suggest what might be happening here? I replaced the sensor batteries and carried out a full re-set last time this happened.

Edit:

Self restored after 50 minutes.
    Hi HenGus,

If the same thing is happening to several people it really needs to be escalated through Honeywell properly, so I suggest contacting Honeywell tomorrow on 0300 130 1299.

I have some basic solutions we have come up with but nothing 'official' and on issues like this the more people that escalate to Honeywell, the more likely an 'official' solution is found. As much as I would like to, we cannot keep coming up with solutions. One small issue we have dealt with directly has been the battery life issue (we have been charging the batteries of all the pre-binds we have been doing and including a slip in the box of how to overcome this issue) and I escalated this very issue through Honeywell well over a year ago.

So sadly I will no longer be giving tech advice to evohome issues on public forums. Our existing customers can of course contact us for direct solutions or use the 'customer area' on own forum. We do not work for Honeywell or benefit any extra for the time and effort we put into the tech support of the evohome system and with dwindling evohome profit margins it will soon mean we will probably start charging for technical advice (tech support line will be a premium number) or ceasing tech support for evohome by phone. I don't think the time and effort we have put in over the past few years have really been appreciated, so as you have noticed I have taken a little step back from the forums to concentrate on new projects within our business.

I really love evohome and unlike a few years ago, there is now plenty of advice out there and people who get a buzz from knowing everything about this system who will help - so most should have what they need to sort basic issues. If you need my help and have bought from us, please contact me on [email protected] or ask for help on our shops forum.

Thanks,

Richard

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
      Hi HenGus,

If the same thing is happening to several people it really needs to be escalated through Honeywell properly, so I suggest contacting Honeywell tomorrow on 0300 130 1299.

I have some basic solutions we have come up with but nothing 'official' and on issues like this the more people that escalate to Honeywell, the more likely an 'official' solution is found. As much as I would like to, we cannot keep coming up with solutions. One small issue we have dealt with directly has been the battery life issue (we have been charging the batteries of all the pre-binds we have been doing and including a slip in the box of how to overcome this issue) and I escalated this very issue through Honeywell well over a year ago.

So sadly I will no longer be giving tech advice to evohome issues on public forums. Our existing customers can of course contact us for direct solutions or use the 'customer area' on own forum. We do not work for Honeywell or benefit any extra for the time and effort we put into the tech support of the evohome system and with dwindling evohome profit margins it will soon mean we will probably start charging for technical advice (tech support line will be a premium number) or ceasing tech support for evohome by phone. I don't think the time and effort we have put in over the past few years have really been appreciated, so as you have noticed I have taken a little step back from the forums to concentrate on new projects within our business.

I really love evohome and unlike a few years ago, there is now plenty of advice out there and people who get a buzz from knowing everything about this system who will help - so most should have what they need to sort basic issues. If you need my help and have bought from us, please contact me on [email protected] or ask for help on our shops forum.

Thanks,

Richard
      Thanks Richard - I will give Honeywell a call.

Comment

• Phil b
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Nov 2020

I've tried this and it's not working

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
        A problem like this is most likely going to be a binding issue, probably a duplicate binding, where the evotouch thinks there are two devices bound to the same function.

Keep in mind that a BDR91 can support up to four different bindings to it (from multiple devices or from different functions on the same device) so the potential is there to accidentally bind the same device twice to the Evotouch, either to different functions or to the same function. Thus it continues to work through one of the bindings, but the other messed up binding causes a recurring fault log entry. I've had something similar myself when messing around with bindings and reassigning devices to different functions.

Unfortunately the Evotouch interface doesn't really provide enough detailed information to show exactly where the problem is, so the solution is usually to carefully clear the bindings at both ends (eg both at the controller and at the remote end) and then rebind.

I'm guessing that as part of rebinding the hot water you have have also had to rebind the boiler relay on the Evotouch ? Did you clear the bindings on the boiler relay first ? Here is what I would try:

Clear the bindings on both your BDR91's - hold down their buttons for 15 seconds until you get the continuous rapid flash. Then in the Evotouch go into settings and change boiler control from boiler relay to none, and change the hot water configuration to none as well, so that you now have no hot water configured and no boiler control configured. Wait a few minutes then remove the evotouch from its dock, remove the batteries for a few seconds then reinsert them, so as to reboot the evotouch.

Now go through the process of enabling hot water control, bind your hot water sensor and BDR91 hot water relay, and also re-bind your boiler control BDR91.

The advice of removing the batteries between removing the old bindings and re-adding the new ones comes from Richard at the evohomeshop (you'll find his full procedure in another thread here somewhere) and it sounds like not doing this can sometimes cause issues as something "lingers" in memory from the old binding until a reboot.

Either that or you did not clear the bindings on the BDR91's themselves before rebinding. In my experience when doing rebinding it's best to always explicitly clear the bindings at both ends of the wireless link, even if you're only going to rebind the device back to the same function. That means clearing the binding both on the evotouch and the actuator - whether that actuator is a BDR91 or an HR92, or any other actuator.
        Hi, I've tried the above steps and it's not working for me, I now have the brd91 for the hot water turning on but the boiler relay won't fire up. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
        X