• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Single room thermostat - wifi connection

I ask on behalf of a friend. He only needs the single zone thermostat (round one) which comes with its relay. The details indicate it can then also be controlled via the Internet and the IOS app. To do that it is made clear the RFG100 Gateway is needed. How do you connect the thermostat to the Gateway if you don't have a control panel? Those selling the room stat imply you can control it via the app and need the Gateway. Looking at the manual for the Gateway it seems you need a control panel to connect to the Gateway to wifi which surely can't be right as it is an unnecessary expense? It is the final connection to the router that it appears he cannot do without a panel. He has the green light for power and Ethernet but not wifi.
  • DanD
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Feb 2016

Hi,

Does this help? http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents...etup-Guide.pdf

The gateway first has to be connected by ethernet cable to the router and then you follow the binding sequence to link it to the thermostat. Once you've set-up an account on the Honeywell website with the RFG100 details you should be able to use the IOS app successfully. Definitely no need for a Evohome controller

Dan

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

That's what I thought and despite my friend doing that it is not happening. I assume he has a faulty Gateway.

Comment

• DanD
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Feb 2016

I think the best way to troubleshoot is to look at the colour of each of the leds on the gateway. Based upon the colour of the leftmost led in the row of 3 this should help identify the problem. It could simply be that the ethernet cable is faulty/not fully pushed in/incorrect router port. I think the other two leds should be green. There's a pic at the bottom of the linked doc which explains the led colours. There's also the possibilty that there might be a typo in device the device details entered on the Honeywell website. If all these look OK then might be a fault with the RFG100.

Dan

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

An update. It was a faulty Gateway. Friend has replaced it and all is OK.

Comment

Working...
          X