• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samuel
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jun 2016

High Pitched Evohome BDR91

Hello,

I received my Evohome today to replace my nest and I have wired it up, heating seems to be working and the controller is correctly switching the boiler on/off. The issue I have is that there seems to be a high pitch coming from the BDR91 is that normal? I have included a picture of my wiring.

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

Is the wiring okay and what do you think is causing the high pitch?

Thanks in advance
    Sam
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Not sure if its normal, but I notice a slight high pitched whine from mine in the last few months if the room is silent and I'm within a metre of it - the frequency sounds about 15Khz and is similar sounding to the whine you used to hear on old CRT TV's. This is high enough in frequency that some people would not be able to hear it at all.

I didn't notice the noise until after I had removed it from the wall to paint the wall and then refitted it, so possibly screw tension twisting the case slightly different might have made it more noticeable the second time it was mounted. (Putting my hand on the case and twisting it slightly stops the noise) It's not enough to bother me so I haven't done anything about it.

Comment

• Samuel
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
      Not sure if its normal, but I notice a slight high pitched whine from mine in the last few months if the room is silent and I'm within a metre of it - the frequency sounds about 15Khz and is similar sounding to the whine you used to hear on old CRT TV's. This is high enough in frequency that some people would not be able to hear it at all.

I didn't notice the noise until after I had removed it from the wall to paint the wall and then refitted it, so possibly screw tension twisting the case slightly different might have made it more noticeable the second time it was mounted. (Putting my hand on the case and twisting it slightly stops the noise) It's not enough to bother me so I haven't done anything about it.
      Thanks, I think for myself I was worried that perhaps the wiring was wrong causing it but everything seems to be working and the boiler is switching on and off as expected.

Comment

Working...
      X