• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcopus
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    Any idea what the battery life is of the external alarm? Not an appealing thought to have to get the ladders out to go up high to replace them. Perhaps what may be better is the battery pack is inside the house, the other side of the wall on which the external sounder is mounted.
    I agree, seeing as at least some customers would be replacing existing systems you'd think that there were wired versions of parts available rather than making them all battery powered.
    If I was to buy this system I'd be replacing all sorts of things that are already wired and thus powered, with battery kit that will require changing every few years, seems a bit silly.

I think they've missed a trick not allowing the kit to be physically powered and the batteries operating as backups.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by rcopus View Post
      I agree, seeing as at least some customers would be replacing existing systems you'd think that there were wired versions of parts available rather than making them all battery powered.
      If I was to buy this system I'd be replacing all sorts of things that are already wired and thus powered, with battery kit that will require changing every few years, seems a bit silly.

I think they've missed a trick not allowing the kit to be physically powered and the batteries operating as backups.
      I currently have two external sounders. Both hard wired to the main security panel in the house from whence they draw power. It would be nice if they could still be used, powered perhaps from an indoor PSU and triggered by a wireless device connected to the Evohome Security Panel. Or as I said earlier at least have the battery packs for external alarms inside the house and so more easily and safely accessible - i.e. in the loft. I have not seen the new Evohome external sounder but am sure it could be easily modified to achieve the latter.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

FWiW, my home insurance (with the appropriate discount for home security) stipulates that the system must have been installed by and maintained by an installer with NACOSS/SSAIB accreditation. Is Honeywell reviewing its installer network?

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

The discount on my home insurance was so small I decided not to tick that box.

It simplifies things should I ever accidentally leave the alarm off (or if the alarm breaks down and I have to leave the house).

If you take the discount but then leave the house unalarmed any claim would be knocked back.

P.

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
            FWiW, my home insurance (with the appropriate discount for home security) stipulates that the system must have been installed by and maintained by an installer with NACOSS/SSAIB accreditation. Is Honeywell reviewing its installer network?
            I have taken this point up with my insurers in the past pointing out that there is little maintenance involved other than checking it works so why do they insist on the point? They backed down. Or when getting the quote simply say it is not so maintained. It seems to make little difference.

Comment

• peterf
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2015

I don't know if you've played with it Richard, but what can you control from the app?

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by peterf View Post
                I don't know if you've played with it Richard, but what can you control from the app?
                I ain't got the security system to play with. Can't justify it! The heating app has an icon to connect to the security system but touching simply tells me I don't have it installed. Sorry can't help. Am sure EvoHome Shop will know!!

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                  Site Sponsor
                  • Dec 2014

I literally got my evohome Security Kit 2 yesterday, so I'm a bit green at the moment! From the TCC app, you can arm and disarm the alarm remotely, take photos with the snapshot camera, get all the alerts remotely from the system (arming, disarming, webserver login and logouts).

This is not going to replace insurance grade systems, but it will keep an eye on things quite nicely for people who don't have anything.

Comment

• peterf
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2015

So what's different to the "le sucre" branded kit that's already available? Is it effectively just a product re-launch or are there substantive changes?

You may recall that I started a thread on the existing product a couple of months back but everyone said to wait for the launch of the new package and I'm struggling to see what the difference is. This isn't a criticism as the prospect of controlling everything from a single app appeals immensely but I am slightly puzzled.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post

This is not going to replace insurance grade systems, but it will keep an eye on things quite nicely for people who don't have anything.
                      Having read the manuals for the system I don't see why it should not be acceptable to an insurer. It does what other systems do and perhaps simpler.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                        Site Sponsor
                        • Dec 2014

So what's different to the "le sucre" branded kit that's already available? Is it effectively just a product re-launch or are there substantive changes?

You may recall that I started a thread on the existing product a couple of months back but everyone said to wait for the launch of the new package and I'm struggling to see what the difference is. This isn't a criticism as the prospect of controlling everything from a single app appeals immensely but I am slightly puzzled.
                        evohome Security can be IP based (Kit 1 & Kit 2) or IP & GPRS based (Kit 3 only). I am told the snapshot camera resolution is better with the IP based versions and you can have 5 cameras per system, where you can only have 3 with the GPRS based Le Sucre. Le Sucre and Kit 3 are both subscription based where Kit 1 & 2 are IP based with no subscription.

I hope that helps.
                        Last edited by The EVOHOME Shop; 12 July 2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• doni
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Jul 2016

I really like the look of the security system, and the tags in general sound like a great way of arming/disarming the system. I'm assuming that I could partially arm the system at night so that only downstairs is alarmed, however how would you disarm it? For example if I'm walking downstairs for a cup of water in the middle of the night do I need to remember to take a tag with me?

Don

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                            Site Sponsor
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by doni View Post
                            I really like the look of the security system, and the tags in general sound like a great way of arming/disarming the system. I'm assuming that I could partially arm the system at night so that only downstairs is alarmed, however how would you disarm it? For example if I'm walking downstairs for a cup of water in the middle of the night do I need to remember to take a tag with me?

Don
                            You can buy the TCC800MS keyfob and do it off here instead of the tag reader - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...-tcc800ms.html

Comment

• doni
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
                              You can buy the TCC800MS keyfob and do it off here instead of the tag reader - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...-tcc800ms.html
                              Hi Richard,

I'm still not sure that solves the problem of how to disarm the alarm in the middle of night.

Imagine the scenario where you have door contacts on the front and back doors, PIR's in the living room, downstairs hall and kitchen, and upstairs landing and bedrooms. When you go to bed at night, you'd want to partially alarm the system so that the downstairs is protected but not the upstairs. Now if somebody needs to go downstairs in the night or the first person up in the morning needs to be able to disarm the system. They'd need to be carrying a tag with them (or keyfob) in order to deactivate the system.

Perhaps I'm over thinking this, and a partial alarm would only cover the door contacts? But how does that alert you to somebody breaking in through a window (that's how we were burgled about 10 years ago).

Don

Comment

• rcopus
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Nov 2014

You take the fob to bed with you and turn it off when needed before going downstairs.

Or disarm it on the iPhone app?
                                Or buy another tag reader panel and stick upstairs somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X