Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome security yet ?

Automated Home Sr Member

I don't know if you've played with it Richard, but what can you control from the app?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    I don't know if you've played with it Richard, but what can you control from the app?
    I ain't got the security system to play with. Can't justify it! The heating app has an icon to connect to the security system but touching simply tells me I don't have it installed. Sorry can't help. Am sure EvoHome Shop will know!!

I literally got my evohome Security Kit 2 yesterday, so I'm a bit green at the moment! From the TCC app, you can arm and disarm the alarm remotely, take photos with the snapshot camera, get all the alerts remotely from the system (arming, disarming, webserver login and logouts).

This is not going to replace insurance grade systems, but it will keep an eye on things quite nicely for people who don't have anything.

Automated Home Sr Member

So what's different to the "le sucre" branded kit that's already available? Is it effectively just a product re-launch or are there substantive changes?

You may recall that I started a thread on the existing product a couple of months back but everyone said to wait for the launch of the new package and I'm struggling to see what the difference is. This isn't a criticism as the prospect of controlling everything from a single app appeals immensely but I am slightly puzzled.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post

This is not going to replace insurance grade systems, but it will keep an eye on things quite nicely for people who don't have anything.
    Having read the manuals for the system I don't see why it should not be acceptable to an insurer. It does what other systems do and perhaps simpler.

So what's different to the "le sucre" branded kit that's already available? Is it effectively just a product re-launch or are there substantive changes?

You may recall that I started a thread on the existing product a couple of months back but everyone said to wait for the launch of the new package and I'm struggling to see what the difference is. This isn't a criticism as the prospect of controlling everything from a single app appeals immensely but I am slightly puzzled.
    evohome Security can be IP based (Kit 1 & Kit 2) or IP & GPRS based (Kit 3 only). I am told the snapshot camera resolution is better with the IP based versions and you can have 5 cameras per system, where you can only have 3 with the GPRS based Le Sucre. Le Sucre and Kit 3 are both subscription based where Kit 1 & 2 are IP based with no subscription.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by The EVOHOME Shop; 12th July 2016 at 11:26 AM.

Automated Home Jr Member

I really like the look of the security system, and the tags in general sound like a great way of arming/disarming the system. I'm assuming that I could partially arm the system at night so that only downstairs is alarmed, however how would you disarm it? For example if I'm walking downstairs for a cup of water in the middle of the night do I need to remember to take a tag with me?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by doni View Post
    I really like the look of the security system, and the tags in general sound like a great way of arming/disarming the system. I'm assuming that I could partially arm the system at night so that only downstairs is alarmed, however how would you disarm it? For example if I'm walking downstairs for a cup of water in the middle of the night do I need to remember to take a tag with me?

Don
    You can buy the TCC800MS keyfob and do it off here instead of the tag reader - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...-tcc800ms.html

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    You can buy the TCC800MS keyfob and do it off here instead of the tag reader - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...-tcc800ms.html
    Hi Richard,

I'm still not sure that solves the problem of how to disarm the alarm in the middle of night.

Imagine the scenario where you have door contacts on the front and back doors, PIR's in the living room, downstairs hall and kitchen, and upstairs landing and bedrooms. When you go to bed at night, you'd want to partially alarm the system so that the downstairs is protected but not the upstairs. Now if somebody needs to go downstairs in the night or the first person up in the morning needs to be able to disarm the system. They'd need to be carrying a tag with them (or keyfob) in order to deactivate the system.

Perhaps I'm over thinking this, and a partial alarm would only cover the door contacts? But how does that alert you to somebody breaking in through a window (that's how we were burgled about 10 years ago).

Don

Automated Home Jr Member

You take the fob to bed with you and turn it off when needed before going downstairs.

Or disarm it on the iPhone app?
    Or buy another tag reader panel and stick upstairs somewhere.