Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Evohome security yet ?

Automated Home Jr Member

I happened to press the small (reset? ? ) button inside the motion detector sensor (no camera). Now the sensor is not working any more. I guess the two facts are connected. Does anybody know how to get back to a working sensor?
    Thanks.

Automated Home Guru

Log in to your security account on the web, go into the system setup and you should be able to add the device back in. Haven't done it for a while so I'm not sure of the exact dialogue, but it's pretty straightforward.

Automated Home Jr Member

The device is present in the security account. But, when the system is armed, the sensor does not detect movement.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi guys, i had bought myself the Honeywell Wireless Burglar alarm (HS342S) with lots of additional PIR's and door sensors last year but never got around to installing it. I have just finished installing my evohome heating system and love it, so naturally I would now prefer to go for the evohome security system so all is connected in the one place, on my mobile.

However i would prefer to not have to spend a fortune on new peripheries when i already have enough peripheries from the Honeywell alarm i bought. Seen as both systems use RF signalling, does anyone know or can test whether you can use the pir (HS3PIR1N) and door/ window sensors (HS3MAG2S) on the evohome system. I also have the external alarm (ActivLink) HS3BS1S from the system which i would clearly like to use rather than have to buy a new one.

On my heating system i used old 10A honeywell relay boxes which are not part of the stated evohome peripheries to connect my electric underfloor heating to evohome with success, so im guessing as long as they use the same frequency, which they do, it should work? Anyone?

I also have a question about the hubs, Does the GPRS version use the sim card as a backup in case your wifi is down/cut. i.e it still has wifi connectivity?

And does anyone know if the smoke alarms/Co detectors are available in the UK yet, what are their product codes and the retail price, i cant find them anywhere.

Many thanks

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Lycosfreak View Post
    i had bought myself the Honeywell Wireless Burglar alarm (HS342S) with lots of additional PIR's and door sensors last year but never got around to installing it. I have just finished installing my evohome heating system and love it, so naturally I would now prefer to go for the evohome security system so all is connected in the one place, on my mobile.

However i would prefer to not have to spend a fortune on new peripheries when i already have enough peripheries from the Honeywell alarm i bought. Seen as both systems use RF signalling, does anyone know or can test whether you can use the pir (HS3PIR1N) and door/ window sensors (HS3MAG2S) on the evohome system. I also have the external alarm (ActivLink) HS3BS1S from the system which i would clearly like to use rather than have to buy a new one.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but the HS342S is from the Live Well range of Honeywell products. This alarm system is a stand alone system, it does not have any connectivity whatsoever with the Total Connect Comfort service. It cannot be controlled remotely with an app.

The evohome security systems as shown on the Get Connected webpage is the one that can be controlled via the same app as your evohome heating control.
    http://getconnected.honeywell.com/en/evohome-security

To my knowledge the accessories/sensors of the Live Well range do not work with the evohome security hub.

On my heating system i used old 10A honeywell relay boxes which are not part of the stated evohome peripheries to connect my electric underfloor heating to evohome with success, so im guessing as long as they use the same frequency, which they do, it should work? Anyone?
    These work with the same protocol, however bear in mind that evohome is not designed to control electric heating applications.

I also have a question about the hubs, Does the GPRS version use the sim card as a backup in case your wifi is down/cut. i.e it still has wifi connectivity?
    And does anyone know if the smoke alarms/Co detectors are available in the UK yet, what are their product codes and the retail price, i cant find them anywhere.
    Like the other models, the HS922GPRS hub (which is the evohome security hub with GPRS functionality) connects via ethernet to your home network and so to the internet via your broadband connection. If this is down then the GPRS connection is used. The SIM card is a special type of SIM card, you cannot use it in a mobile phone and vice versa you cannot use your phone SIM card in the hub. These hubs have no WiFi connectivity, only the 868MHz wireless to the accessories/sensors.

I have no info on availability of the smoke and CO detectors in the UK.

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks Hatch,

Just to confirm i dont want to use my Live Well Range controller with the evohome app or at all. It would be a case of me buying the HS922GPRS base pack then hopefully connecting up my Live Well Peripheries to it, so i would not have to spend a fortune buying a brand new set up from scratch.

I dont know the complete technicalities of this so im sure a wiser man than me, maybe it is you Hatch can tell me if im wrong. But the door/window sensors are simply a magnet based sensor which contain an RF emitter(possibly receiver as well) operating at the 868MHz frequency. All exactly the same as the Evohome Security peripherals.

Ive just researched the connecting protocols for both systems.

Live Well System:

http://livewell.honeywell.com/honeyw...User_Guide.pdf

Its a case of putting the controller into link mode, then powering on you peripheral. This will emit an RF signal which is picked up by the controller and link the items.

Evohome Security Hub:

http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents...n-Guide_EN.PDF

The only difference i can see is that the linking is done via the TTC app rather than the Controller/Hub. The picture instructions are even the same.

So if it is simply a case of the app via the hub listening for an RF signal powering on, i dont see why my Live Well peripheries will, particularly the basic magnet door sensors link to the Evohome security Hub. Especially as Honeywell has a history of old RF peripheries being linkable to newer systems.

It would be great if someone, perhaps a Honeywell retailer/someone who has upgraded could test this. Otherwise i will test it, but it will be a while because i cant justify the funds for a punt in the dark. I would have to be fully committed to buying the whole setup including peripheries. Which is not cheap. Maybe the Evoshop Man can lend me a working customer returned item for the test?

Automated Home Jr Member

Think you'd be better off contact Honeywell directly and asking them.
    As the web interface deals with pairing the devices one would assume that the serial numbers etc are checked on the server side and wouldn't allow you to pair 'non-Evohome' devices.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by rcopus View Post
    Think you'd be better off contact Honeywell directly and asking them.
    As the web interface deals with pairing the devices one would assume that the serial numbers etc are checked on the server side and wouldn't allow you to pair 'non-Evohome' devices.
    Im a cynic so i dont think Honeywell would openly admit it. Its not in their best interests, especially with each new door sensor pack retailing at £30.59. I would need 19 if i was to put them on all my openings, £581.21 and i dont have a big house.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by rcopus View Post
    This might be the stumbling block, however wouldn't it involve each sensor transmitting its unique serial number in the RF signal, I would assume that would make the manufacturing process more complicated and intrinsically more expensive.

Automated Home Lurker

Just noticed this on the Evohomeshop website regarding the Features of the evohome door sensors.

Features:

Compatibility: Galaxy Dimension & G2 (with RF portal), Domonial and Le Sucre™
    New “alpha” radio protocol

To this extent does anyone maybe know if the Live Well door sensors are compatible with Galaxy Dimension & G2 (with RF portal), Domonial and Le Sucre™. Maybe someone is in a position to test this?