Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Evohome security yet ?

Automated Home Jr Member

That's good news so far. By using the tc20e website are you able to assign rules for this switch ? For example, switch on when armed and off when disarmed (or vice-versa) ???

Automated Home Legend philchillbill's Avatar

Yep. See the screen capture below:

x.jpg

I have a Canary IP camera plugged into this smart plug so it's completely powered off (and therefore un-hackable) while we are at home. I think I'll also plug a z-wave transmitter into it so that Domoticz will know when the alarm is armed/disarmed. That way I can turn on/off the schedules for automatic light switching events used as a deterrent while we're away but a nuisance while at home. I currently tell Alexa I'm leaving home or returning to achieve this but it will be better when linked to the Evohome Security tag reader or remote fob directly (well, quite indirectly actually )

EDIT: In the end I wound up regularly pinging the Canary plugged into the SMPG and if it's alive it means the alarm system must be armed whereas if it does not respond to pinging the SMPG must be off. This allows Domoticz to 'know' when the alarm is armed without needing additional hardware.
    Last edited by philchillbill; 29th August 2017 at 02:34 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Does the home automation tab appear when you bind the SMPG ? As I don't have that yet. But looks good, and exactly what I need..

Automated Home Legend philchillbill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Reinson View Post
    Does the home automation tab appear when you bind the SMPG ? As I don't have that yet. But looks good, and exactly what I need..
    Yes, it automagically appeared after the SMPG was bound. I also noticed this morning that the Activity Feed had an entry for 'Smart plug Living room Canary OFF' when the system was disarmed so it's a loggable event.

Automated Home Guru

I see that the latest app update has finally resolved the bug whereby disarming the system via the app knocked off any optimum start and optimum stop operations.

Automated Home Jr Member

Is that on some release notes, or just through your testing ?

Automated Home Guru

Honeywell advised me of the following on 28th Feb when I complained the promised update hadn't materialised:

We still have your case on file. Unfortunately the planned app upgrade that was communicated as intended for December last year did not happen.

There is a scheduled new app release due 7th March which will address the issue you were experiencing.

We apologise for the delay but trust that this will put this matter to bed at last.

Thanks for your ongoing patience.

Both iPhone and Android apps updated recently and I was able to confirm that it was fixed this morning, although it's not listed in the release notes which only refer to various bug fixes.