• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VvrooomM
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2015

Evohome queries and problems

Since install my controller records multiple comms problems. The latest which error is 'comms fault hot water sensor'. System seems to work fine though. When I try to clear the fault log on the evohome base, the controller crashes and reboots.

The software seems really flakey or is my gear faulty??
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

The most likely problem, based on my own experience, is that the system hasn't been installed in line with Honeywell's recommendations re the separation distance from other components, tanks etc.

You do not say which version of the controller you have? The non-wifi controller fault log can only be reset by taking out the batteries followed by a full re-boot. If you have the wifi model, then the fault log can be reset in Settings and the controller shouldn't crash so there might be an issue. Before you ask for an exchange of controller, it is worth checking that the batteries are not loose - this is a known problem with some of the supplied batteries. Pressing the fault reset may just be causing the batteries to break and make.

Comment

• VvrooomM
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2015

My BDR's are all spaced as per Honeywell instructions from each other and the tank. Easier said than done I might add given window frames and electrical devices in kitchen and utility rooms. My controller is the wifi model, when I hit the 'clear' button inside the fault log the controller crashes and reboots through the White/Red Honeywell screen. Been having problems with it since install last June.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

It that case, I would suspect that there is an issue with the controller; that said, the two issues may not be linked.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by VvrooomM View Post
          My BDR's are all spaced as per Honeywell instructions from each other and the tank. Easier said than done I might add given window frames and electrical devices in kitchen and utility rooms. My controller is the wifi model, when I hit the 'clear' button inside the fault log the controller crashes and reboots through the White/Red Honeywell screen. Been having problems with it since install last June.
          I lean toward HenGus' response. It is often the installation that is at fault and as I have found if not careful you can double bind the panel which causes faults. Try clearing out the bindings to the relays in the panel, resetting the relays and then rebinding with the panel. It won't affect the settings for the HR92s.

You also report the panel rebooting. Could it be the batteries in the panel are not seated properly or tightly enough such that when you press on the icon to clear the fault log you cause the batteries to move slightly, loose contact and the panel then reboots? Take the front of the panel off and check the batteries are a tight fit.

Comment

Working...
          X