• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrB
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2015

+1 here.

Guess either Honeywell is doing an upgrade or their sole IT support bloke is on hols....

Comment

• PaulB
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by MrB View Post
      +1 here.

Guess either Honeywell is doing an upgrade or their sole IT support bloke is on hols....
      Do they operate on more than 1 active server at any time? Always confuses me how things 'go down' during an update or maintenance window...

Comment

• Mavis
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Oct 2014

Mine went down for about three quarters of an hour last night at 20:40. First time for at least 6 months for me.

Comment

• basiluk
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2008

Two drops again tonight.

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Seem to have had a big time out. The app reported total loss of communication at 22:20 last night and back again at 09:00 this morning. I can't explain why, everything else connected to the internet or reliant on it was functioning fine.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Is anybody else checking the wifi status on the actual controller itself during the periods of "outage" ?

In all cases during an outage reported by email, when I've checked mine the Wifi section of the controller is cheerfully reporting both connected to wifi and connected to the honeywell servers...

So I can only conclude that the problem is usually with Honeywell's servers. I hate to think of the number of false positive email alerts that get sent out every time their servers go down...

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                Is anybody else checking the wifi status on the actual controller itself during the periods of "outage" ?
                Thanks for mentioning this. This morning my app tells me there is no communication over the Internet. My internet connection is fine with everything else working. I checked the Panel and it tells me it has a good solid connection. ? Problems with Honeywell's server.

Comment

• HenGus
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                  Thanks for mentioning this. This morning my app tells me there is no communication over the Internet. My internet connection is fine with everything else working. I checked the Panel and it tells me it has a good solid connection. ? Problems with Honeywell's server.
                  I always apply Occam's Razor to my problem solving. My controller is about 5ft away from my router and I have never seen anything less than the full 4 green bars on the Evohome controller. I am pretty sure that these issues are at Honeywell's end of the system. That said, no comms breaks so far today (or for the last few days for that matter)

Comment

• FullBore
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2016

Yes, I too noticed that the Honeywell Controller appeared to be connected to WiFi when Honeywell's server reports communication problems.

Honeywell should have a status site reporting problems at their end, and when one gets the disconnection/reconnection email it should state the the problem has been at their end.

FB

Comment

• FullBore
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Jan 2016

I wondered whether anyone else lost coms at the times noted in the list below:-

Lost Comms Comms Restored Duration of lost comms

01/09/2016 11:25:00 11:29:00 00:04
                      22/08/2016 08:24:00 08:30 00: 06:00
                      19/06/2016 19:04:00 19:05 00: 01:00
                      18/08/2016 20:37:00 20:48 00: 11:00
                      18/08/2016 19:38:00 19:59 00: 21:00
                      18/08/2016 09:48:00 09:54 00: 06:00
                      16/08/2016 18:37:00 18:47 00: 10:00
                      16/08/2016 14:10:00 14:14 00: 04:00

I was away for some of the time & at least one occurance will be due to a power cut.

I could provide more information going back to May 2016, if helpful. Times are BST.

NJSS

Comment

• HenGus
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • May 2014

Yes, I had emails from the server on the 18th August but none since. It is a random event - often many weeks/months apart.

Comment

• FullBore
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Jan 2016

Comms lost this morning at 09:24 & restored at 09:30 !

Everything else working OK, but didn't get the chance to look at the controler to see its state.

FB

Comment

• HenGus
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • May 2014

I am not sure that the occasional loss of comms can be attributed to the server. It is most likely a local event. A series of comms loss/restores when others are having similar issues is IMHO most likely an external event

Comment

• neilk
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Jan 2016

The ticket that I raised they ignored the point about downtime at their end (when it was consistent with the other users on here but they ignored those questions), and suggested I modified the settings in the app to only be notified about a loss of communication after 1 hour. Not ideal but actually it is OK for me as if it comes to it I can log elsewhere if it caused problems in the Indigo integration.

Comment

• Arrghh!
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Dec 2015

I monitor two houses with Evohome systems and I've had several lost system communication alert emails from just one of them today. In each case, service was restored after about 5 minutes.

As it's not been happening to the other system, I'm assuming like HenGus above that these drop outs are not due to the Honeywell server, but more likely a brief interruption or reconfiguration of the broadband service.

The one experiencing dropouts is remote to me so I can't check on the router/controller status when it happens unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X