Hi @dty

List updated

Warm Regards,

Jay.

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

The Atag IS boiler range is compatible with the Honeywell OT bridge and Evohome. Atag ONE is Atag’s bespoke OT boiler control solution.

Comment

• myboiler-jayesh
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
        The Atag IS boiler range is compatible with the Honeywell OT bridge and Evohome. Atag ONE is Atag’s bespoke OT boiler control solution.
        Hi @HenGus, that boiler is already on the list. Is there some information we are still missing that we should add to that then please let me know.

Jay.

Comment

• HenGus
          Automated Home Legend
          • May 2014

Originally posted by myboiler-jayesh View Post
          Hi @HenGus, that boiler is already on the list. Is there some information we are still missing that we should add to that then please let me know.

Jay.
          It’s on the list but it states that a 3 port valve is required and an Atag ONE controller. In truth, neither is required. I have 2 valves and an Honeywell Opentherm Bridge.

Comment

• myboiler-jayesh
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Mar 2017

It’s on the list but it states that a 3 port valve is required and an Atag ONE controller. In truth, neither is required. I have 2 valves and an Honeywell Opentherm Bridge.
            So will the Atag iS work straight out of the box with any OpenTherm compatible control, ie with Nest 3rd Gen, Evohome via the Bridge or any other OpenTherm controller?

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

So will the Atag iS work straight out of the box with any OpenTherm compatible control, ie with Nest 3rd Gen, Evohome via the Bridge or any other OpenTherm controller?
              That I can't answer definitively as I am not an installer but my gut instinct is that any OT controller will work with Atag boilers. In my set up, the Honeywell OT bridge connects directly to the boiler via the 2 low voltage OT terminals. If the user isn't bothered about HW priority then only one zone valve is required (with an associated BDR) to the Evohome controller. My system is set up for HW priority. Rather than having a 3 port valve, my system has been configured using the existing HW zone valve and an inline (power off OPEN) valve on the CH system. When the HW zone valve opens, the CH inline valve closes.

The only reason that I have raised this issue is because of the inference in your listing that an Atag ONE controller is required for OT use..

Comment

• myboiler-jayesh
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Mar 2017

That I can't answer definitively as I am not an installer but my gut instinct is that any OT controller will work with Atag boilers. In my set up, the Honeywell OT bridge connects directly to the boiler via the 2 low voltage OT terminals. If the user isn't bothered about HW priority then only one zone valve is required (with an associated BDR) to the Evohome controller. My system is set up for HW priority. Rather than having a 3 port valve, my system has been configured using the existing HW zone valve and an inline (power off OPEN) valve on the CH system. When the HW zone valve opens, the CH inline valve closes.

The only reason that I have raised this issue is because of the inference in your listing that an Atag ONE controller is required for OT use..
                Hi HenGus,
                I have updated the list with the new information. I contacted Atag directly as I am an installer but haven't worked with their product yet. They have stated the Atag Controller is not required for OpenTherm, that information may have come from another site.

Following is the information they have stated: "'iS' range of ATAG boilers requires a 3 Port diverter valve kit and ATAG ONE controller or a 3 Port diverter valve kit & ATAG 7 Day Two Channel Plug-In Digital Programmer (Touch screen). This kit is ATAG only for ATAG controls. It is OpenTherm ready out of the box."

I have added you as a contributor. If you have a full name you would like me to use, I can update it to show your name. Thanks for your contribution to keeping the list updated. The layout of the page was also updated today, so I hope it is more improved and easier to read.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

I am wondering if your page could also reflect the undocumented wiring that I needed to make to my Vaillant boiler to get the VR33 + OT Bridge work. As far as I can tell, no one else has needed to do that. It's to do with the fact that the Vaillant 4xx series don't have a 24V thermostat input on the boiler PCB, as shown in the VR33 instructions.
                  Also from memory I think the ecoFit also needed something different done @dty could confirm, I think the VR33 slotted into another named space.

Comment

• dty
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Aug 2016

The VR33 just slotted into its space in the electronics compartment of the EcoFit with no other wiring, etc. required.

(As an aside, I also have a VR40 which fitted neatly into the designated space on the other side of the compartment.)

Comment

• myboiler-jayesh
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                      I am wondering if your page could also reflect the undocumented wiring that I needed to make to my Vaillant boiler to get the VR33 + OT Bridge work. As far as I can tell, no one else has needed to do that. It's to do with the fact that the Vaillant 4xx series don't have a 24V thermostat input on the boiler PCB, as shown in the VR33 instructions.
                      Also from memory I think the ecoFit also needed something different done @dty could confirm, I think the VR33 slotted into another named space.
                      Please can you elaborate.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by dty View Post
                        The VR33 just slotted into its space in the electronics mcompartment of the EcoFit with no other wiring, etc. required.

(As an aside, I also have a VR40 which fitted neatly into the designated space on the other side of the compartment.)
                        Wasn't the name of the pcb slot different on the ecoFit, than as per the instructions?

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jul 2014

Please can you elaborate.

Comment

• myboiler-jayesh
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Mar 2017

I have added the thread to the page. Thanks for the information, if you think any other information will help the page and support installers, please feel free to let me know. Warm Regards.

Comment

Working...
                            X