• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisgare
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2013

Weird non-existant comms error

Well that's another 2 hours wasted on an EvoHome error.

Is it me or EvoHome?

I still have one or two HR80 actuators on my system and I decided to change them to HR92s. Simple eh?

It all seemed to go OK but later in the evening I saw a the red triangle next to my Kitchen zone on the Evotouch.

Evotouch and the actuator are only six feet apart so I knew I had good signal strength.

I deleted the Kitchen zone and re-binded - no change. I tried another actuator - the red triangle was still there! Huh?

Everything was working fine except for the red symbol being present.

It wasn't until I ran a signal strength check - putting the actuator into Checking mode and ran Check from Evotouch that I noticed the red error symbol had disappeared.

Does it say anywhere in any of the documentation that to clear the red comms error symbol you need to run a strength test?

Is it me or Evohome?

Chris
  • chrisgare
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2013

Same issue discussed here. I have no spare zones so creating another then deleting the zone with the error was a no go. However, I think the suggestion that is zone memory position sounds likely. The zone worked correctly while displaying the error so it might have disappeared at some stage but it hadn't after 12 hours. Chris

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by chrisgare View Post
      Well that's another 2 hours wasted on an EvoHome error.

Is it me or EvoHome?

I still have one or two HR80 actuators on my system and I decided to change them to HR92s. Simple eh?

It all seemed to go OK but later in the evening I saw a the red triangle next to my Kitchen zone on the Evotouch.

Evotouch and the actuator are only six feet apart so I knew I had good signal strength.

I deleted the Kitchen zone and re-binded - no change. I tried another actuator - the red triangle was still there! Huh?
      Did you delete the binding on the HR92 itself as well as at the Evotouch ? A common mistake when rebinding is to only delete the zone or binding on the Evotouch but leave the HR92 itself bound. You can delete the binding on the HR92 in its binding menu by going to the bind option then holding it for 5 seconds until it says clear.

You say you replaced two old HR80's with HR92's - did you remove the binding from the HR80's as well, or at the very least remove their batteries ? If you left their batteries in but did not remove the binding off them it would cause comms errors after a while because it would still be trying to communicate with the evotouch.

I would clear the bindings on both HR92's and both HR80's, then re-bind them at the Evotouch and see if that helps.

Comment

• chrisgare
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2013

Yes, I did all those things - several times - which is why I was getting frustrated! I've never had a problem like this before and all seems to be working well now. Can't think of a logical reason as I would have thought the red triangle alarm, if it was valid, would have disappeared within an hour or so. Thanks for your thoughts and glad my actions were in line with yours! I upgraded the last two today without incidence. I will test the hypothesis outlined earlier if it happens again by deleting two zones rather than one as I have used all 12 zones.

Comment

Working...
        X