• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

Amazon echo?

Anyone pre-ordered one? If you have you'll be pleased to know
    Evohome and SZT thermostats work well with it. Supports the smart zoning nicely. I.e. "Alexa make my living room 21c". I have played with it and the echo is good bit of kit.

### Out on 28th ###
    Last edited by Rameses; 21 September 2016, 07:27 PM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own
  • victorp1612
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2016

Yep pre-ordered one and looking forward to playing around with it.
    How does it integrate with EvoHome ?

Comment

• peterf
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jan 2015

I timely posting from Rameses. I was just about to post to ask

Comment

• homevisionsolutions
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Aug 2016

It is a good product. We should buy it.

Comment

• zcapr17
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2014

I've pre-ordered an Echo Dot, which I intend to integrate with SmartThings and my Honeywell Evohome heating system (the latter possibly via the former).

I may also attempt to integrate Echo with my Rako Lighting (using a custom bridge software I've written), however it's likely I may just throw out the Rako Lighting and replace with Fibaro dimmers joined to SmartThings.

Comment

• Cchris
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Nov 2015

I cant see how to get the echo working with the evohome directly?

Ive tried adding the skill in Echo, but for me it seemed to be looking for a single thermostat rather than the full evohome system. However I may run into issues as I have two controllers for my home, so unless it will connect to all rooms on all controllers Im going to be a bit stuck.

Im currently using Echo to communicate with Evohome via IFTTT, but only to do a simple hot water boost for one hour. (very useful when the kids decide to go playing in mud down the garden on a "non" bathnight).

EDIT: Im assuming Rameses is using some form of account that allows linking to a non UK based totalconnect comfort account. I can link to Evohome from IFTTT no problem, but when trying to add the skill in Echo, it states incorrect password. Ive attempted to reset the password, and I can then log in with any number of devices, phone, IFTTT etc, but the skill on Echo must be trying to connect to a US database of accounts, so can't test this yet. Hopefully they will actually fix this issue before the official UK Echos start getting delivered........

Originally posted by zcapr17 View Post
            I may also attempt to integrate Echo with my Rako Lighting (using a custom bridge software I've written), however it's likely I may just throw out the Rako Lighting and replace with Fibaro dimmers joined to SmartThings.
            Im currently using Echo with smartthings (no evohome support on smartthings - just single thermostats) and some lamps plugged into the smarthings power sockets. Though I have on my desk a Fibaro Dimmer that I intend to try out later. Though it may have to wait until tomorrow as Im busy this evening.

It works very well with smartthings directly, being able to address devices just by name rather than with any cumbersome trigger word inbetween. "Alexa, turn on the master bedside lights", works a treat. I've only included the word "master" because I intend to have similar automation of other bedside lights.
            Last edited by Cchris; 19 September 2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• orange
              Automated Home Guru
              • Dec 2014

I was planning to go via IFTTT as well but direct support would be great

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

Ooops I should have said "- live when Amazon launch in UK 28th" - but this is in the hands on Amazon. Demo was on UK account but whitelisted Alexa app (special for Devs)
                getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

I used an Amazon Dash button to set the temperatures needed. We found that we always got up at the same time, so a heating schedule worked fine. But never went to bed at the same time. So I just used an Amazon Dash button to turn the heating down as soon as we got to bed, so the house is not over or under heating simply based on time. The Dash button is great because I simply press it and it does what it needs to do.

Comment

• peterf
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2015

I see the app has been released today in the Apple Uk appstore. I guess that means those with US versions can effectively convert them to a UK version.

Comment

• Cchris
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by peterf View Post
                      I see the app has been released today in the Apple Uk appstore. I guess that means those with US versions can effectively convert them to a UK version.
                      Think again sadly.

Have just moved the app over to the UK version, LOTS of stuff missing, including IFTTT.

The skill for total connect comfort still does not log in. I go to tthe total connect comfort web site and can log in fine. My evohome app on my phone logs in fine. Try giving the credentials to the alexa app and it states incorrect username or password.

This simply isnt working outside of the US, and it appears that Honeywell or Amazon have somewhat dropped the ball on the deployment to the UK.

Thos who have never had the Echo, will probably never know what they are missing, or will be dissapointed that they cant do half the stuff they have seen people doing on US youtube videos. Those of us that have spent a bit of time integrating Echo with suff like IFTT and other items will feel like its taken a big step backaward.

Though in reference to this thread, even with the UK Echo App, it does not connect to totalconnect comfort, even though the skill is listed in the UK app. It simply doesn't allow you to log in.

Comment

• orange
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Dec 2014

that's a bit disappointing - especially no IFTTT - hopefully all this will be added.

Comment

• Cchris
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by orange View Post
                          that's a bit disappointing - especially no IFTTT - hopefully all this will be added.
                          It looks as though until you reset the echo unit itself, the app will just take its lead from the Echo and log into whatever services the echo is registered with - so in my case its directing me to the US list of skills. So I can still see smartthings (whereas other UK users are reporting this is not available to them), but I can no longer see IFTTT even though it had been setup with Echo.

Comment

• MichaelD
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Mar 2006

I have half a dozen Echo Dots ordered. They will integrate with HomeSeer which can connect to just about anything, so I see the dot providing a mix of "Alexa, close the lounge curtains" with some "Alexa, ask HomeSeer to set the Dining scene".

Think I'll schedule a few weeks of configuring and playing before installing them round the house, don't want to ruin the whole experience for the rest of the family by putting out something that isn't useful and robust.

Comment

• victorp1612
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Jun 2016

I was able to link my TCC account with my Alexa account this morning ( I'm in Ireland ) : I got the following message ' Alexa has been successfully linked with Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Europe.'
                              I can also see all my devices now
                              aelxa.jpg
                              Device is still in transit so will have to wait to play around

Comment

Working...
                              X