Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon echo?

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    It's good that DWH is coming. Quick Actions are the very obvious bit of the jigsaw missing at the moment. Alexa set heating to Eco would be brilliant.

Luckily, at the moment, the Alexa-SmarThings integration seems to ignore thermostats. But its's going to get interesting when it does, because you'll end up with two clashing ways to change the temp of a zone! That is, assuming the official integration ever gets out of the door. Until then David's version is working well here.
    Standby . . ( I know I keep saying that )
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Quote Originally Posted by Cchris View Post
    Think again sadly.

Have just moved the app over to the UK version, LOTS of stuff missing, including IFTTT.

The skill for total connect comfort still does not log in. I go to tthe total connect comfort web site and can log in fine. My evohome app on my phone logs in fine. Try giving the credentials to the alexa app and it states incorrect username or password.

This simply isnt working outside of the US, and it appears that Honeywell or Amazon have somewhat dropped the ball on the deployment to the UK.

Thos who have never had the Echo, will probably never know what they are missing, or will be dissapointed that they cant do half the stuff they have seen people doing on US youtube videos. Those of us that have spent a bit of time integrating Echo with suff like IFTT and other items will feel like its taken a big step backaward.

Though in reference to this thread, even with the UK Echo App, it does not connect to totalconnect comfort, even though the skill is listed in the UK app. It simply doesn't allow you to log in.
    We are told IFTTT coming - glad you got evohome working ok - Hot water coming - as are quick actions
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    We are told IFTTT coming - glad you got evohome working ok - Hot water coming - as are quick actions
    Evohome is working fine (though I dont often have cause to use it as the schedule Ive set rarely needs tweaking). Ive overcome the hotwater issue, by having a simulated momentarty switch in smartthings called "hot water" - this is in turn linked to an IFTTT routine that turns the hot water on for an hour. Though I could probably set it for just 30 minutes to get enough for the kids bath.

I must say though that I really don't like the layout of the revamped evohome app on android (assume its the same on iOS), though thats for another thread.

Automated Home Jr Member

I have found that I can switch my evohome on and off with echo dot, but what I really need is override so that it returns to custom when a certain time has a alapsed, can IFTTT recipe control this as an override.
    The evohome controller works great with set program, I just want to be able to tweak it if we get a sudden cold spell

Automated Home Legend

All quick actions can be set either permanently or for a timed duration.

Automated Home Jr Member

I have got Echo Dot to work with Evohome, "Alexa make my lounge 21 degrees" and it did.

I am pleased with it now!

Automated Home Lurker

After a bit of playing I finally got the Echo Dot to work with both Philips Hue and Evohome. "Alexa turn the living room temperature to 20 degrees" resulted in her dimming the lights to 20!

So ... Alexa loves to use and understands 'groups'. The heating groups are now 'Kitchen heating', 'Living room heating' etc., and the light groups 'Kichen lights', 'Living room lights' etc.

She happily recognises the 'heating' or 'lights' part when you speak to her and she actions a request correctly.

As for Alexa recognising scenes (for Hue) ... that just doesn't happen for me at the moment.

Automated Home Jr Member

(So ... Alexa loves to use and understands 'groups'. The heating groups are now 'Kitchen heating', 'Living room heating' etc., and the light groups 'Kichen lights', 'Living room lights' etc.

She happily recognises the 'heating' or 'lights' part when you speak to her and she actions a request correctly.)

Does the heating return to schedule as set on Evohome controller, Or do you have to say"Alexa Stop"?

I was so pleased when I got her to recognise all the separate zones, then 12 0'clock at night I realised the heating was still on.

I am going to wait until IFTTT is included in Skills

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by radar2016 View Post
    Does the heating return to schedule as set on Evohome controller, Or do you have to say"Alexa Stop"?
    Yes, she will only temporarily change the setting until the next evohome event as per your programmed schedule.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by PushButtonHome View Post
    Yes, she will only temporarily change the setting until the next evohome event as per your programmed schedule.
    Yes That is what I thought would happen when the next event on Evohome is triggered, but it seems Alexa is not letting that happen. I will have to do a bit more digging.

What exactly did you say to Alexa?