Is there an issue with the Evohome apps at the moment (2016-09-25)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StuartG
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2015

Is there an issue with the Evohome apps at the moment (2016-09-25)?

I got an email at 0625 this morning to say the server had lost contact with my heating system, and both the Android and iOS apps are reporting that communication has been lost. But I data log my system every 15 minutes using my own script, and that is working fine. Data is coming through for both current room temperatures, but also set point changes made using the controller.

Just in case I've rebooted my router and gateway, and get green lights everywhere. The controller is happily talking to the gateway (but seeing as I'm still logging data that's not really a surprise).

Is anyone experiencing an outage?

And is there a Honeywell status page that gives you the current status of the system / known faults?
  • theasman
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2015

Had the same email at the same time so suspct a Honeywell outage.

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Nothing here - but I have had them in the past when others haven't.

Comment

• StuartG
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2015

There is something very odd going on. Both our iOS and Android apps are reporting "Communication with the system has been lost". Except it hasn't. The tiles are updating with the current room temperatures, changes to set point are reflected, and override times are shown when they are set or cancelled.

All the lights on the hardware are green, and my own data logging app is working fine and pulling through status data (current temperature and set point for each zone).

So the app is communicating in terms of getting the current status of each zone, but the phone apps cannot be used to control the system because it "thinks" communication is lost.

I've tried logging out and back in, and tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but always the same.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
        Last edited by StuartG; 26 September 2016, 07:21 PM. Reason: Fix typo.

Comment

• HenGus
          Automated Home Legend
          • May 2014

Originally posted by StuartG View Post
          There is something very odd going on. Both our iOS and Android apps are reporting "Communication with the system has been lost". Except it hasn't. The tiles are updating with the current room temperatures, changes to set point are reflected, and override times are shown when they are set or cancelled.

All the lights on the hardware are green, and my own data logging app is working fine and pulling through status data (current temperature and set point for each zone).

So the app is communicating in terms of getting the current status of each zone, but the phone apps cannot be used to control the system because it "thinks" communication is lost.

I've tried logging out and back in, and tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but always the same.

No. I suggest that you delete your TCC account and re-build it. If it happens again, then contact Evohome Support with your CRC and MAC.

Comment

• StuartG
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Mar 2015

I deleted the system from my Honeywell account, added it back in using the MAC and CRC, and it's started working again. Very strange.

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

I had many email notifications on Sunday saying my system had lost contact with the servers - some of them lasting for hours at a time, however my Internet connection and Wifi connection to the evotouch at the time were just fine.

It resolved itself by Monday so it looks like it's just another Honeywell server outage issue, so it wasn't just you...

Comment

• guyank
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Sep 2015

I'm having similar problems since the above outages. The temperatures in the iOS app aren't updating when I drag the screen down and I had problems making some changes to the schedule this morning. To update temperatures I have to close the app by double clicking the home button and dragging it up. This afternoon it keeps saying, "Failed to get account information' unless I do the same. I can't check the tiles as I'm not at home but the API is providing information as my temperature graphs are updating.

Comment

• FullBore
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2016

I too am suffering multiple email notifications saying that my system had lost contact with the servers - however my Internet connection and Wifi connection to the controller were OK.

For the first time I have also had two occasions, different zones, of failed zone changes:-

"Dear user, we would like to notify you that your attempt to remotely implement a change to the following zone failed at 09/27/2016 18:46:26:"
                    FB

Comment

• Mavis
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Oct 2014

I had a 'restored communications' email on Sunday but I didn't get a lost communications email!

Comment

• Rameses
                        Industry Expert
                        • Nov 2014

There was a small unplanned outage on Sunday. This was due to a issue 'down the line' by a comms provider. It was restored quickly. The polling might have been exactly on that down time point.
                        When you get these messages this is OUR servers saying they cannot speak to your system. Not that your App cannot speak to our Servers - which is a different path. Or even what API calls you can do. The app makes calls on our servers and they in-turn get relayed to the system. There could be a lag depending on connection. We do this so that you dont have to wait around on the app - if the app couldn't execute a command it lets you know.
                        getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Rameses
                          Industry Expert
                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                          I had a 'restored communications' email on Sunday but I didn't get a lost communications email!
                          Please check your spam etc - as this would have gone out
                          getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Rameses
                            Industry Expert
                            • Nov 2014

I got an email at 0625 this morning to say the server had lost contact with my heating system, and both the Android and iOS apps are reporting that communication has been lost. But I data log my system every 15 minutes using my own script, and that is working fine. Data is coming through for both current room temperatures, but also set point changes made using the controller.

Just in case I've rebooted my router and gateway, and get green lights everywhere. The controller is happily talking to the gateway (but seeing as I'm still logging data that's not really a surprise).

Is anyone experiencing an outage?

And is there a Honeywell status page that gives you the current status of the system / known faults?
                            On the login page there is a 'status' indicator

Comment

• StuartG
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Mar 2015

The problem has come back again today (2016-10-25 15:02), on both Android and iOS. The login page status says Service fully operational though? Only noticed it as I'm working from home today so wanted to over-ride a couple of set points!

Comment

Working...
                              X