Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there an issue with the Evohome apps at the moment (2016-09-25)?

I had a 'restored communications' email on Sunday but I didn't get a lost communications email!

There was a small unplanned outage on Sunday. This was due to a issue 'down the line' by a comms provider. It was restored quickly. The polling might have been exactly on that down time point.
    When you get these messages this is OUR servers saying they cannot speak to your system. Not that your App cannot speak to our Servers - which is a different path. Or even what API calls you can do. The app makes calls on our servers and they in-turn get relayed to the system. There could be a lag depending on connection. We do this so that you dont have to wait around on the app - if the app couldn't execute a command it lets you know.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    I had a 'restored communications' email on Sunday but I didn't get a lost communications email!
    Please check your spam etc - as this would have gone out
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Quote Originally Posted by StuartG View Post
    I got an email at 0625 this morning to say the server had lost contact with my heating system, and both the Android and iOS apps are reporting that communication has been lost. But I data log my system every 15 minutes using my own script, and that is working fine. Data is coming through for both current room temperatures, but also set point changes made using the controller.

Just in case I've rebooted my router and gateway, and get green lights everywhere. The controller is happily talking to the gateway (but seeing as I'm still logging data that's not really a surprise).

Is anyone experiencing an outage?

And is there a Honeywell status page that gives you the current status of the system / known faults?
    On the login page there is a 'status' indicator

Automated Home Jr Member

The problem has come back again today (2016-10-25 15:02), on both Android and iOS. The login page status says Service fully operational though? Only noticed it as I'm working from home today so wanted to over-ride a couple of set points!

Quote Originally Posted by StuartG View Post
    The problem has come back again today (2016-10-25 15:02), on both Android and iOS. The login page status says Service fully operational though? Only noticed it as I'm working from home today so wanted to over-ride a couple of set points!
    There are no reported problems.

Check your app preferences for the notifications. Default is 1 hr for first two, then 15 mins for fail comms for the app to the TCC cloud.

I cant tell what model you have but I am guessing your controller is in range of the gateway /wireless router fine? - Do your event logs on the controller say anything?

Automated Home Guru

If I try to adjust temperature with my iPhone I get server error @ 18:00, so I think there's still a problem

Quote Originally Posted by g6ejd View Post
    If I try to adjust temperature with my iPhone I get server error @ 18:00, so I think there's still a problem
    Odd - works for me.

Mine works also (Iphone on same wifi network as Evohome)

Automated Home Legend

I was seeing some problems with the iPhone app the day after the recent scheduled outage that we were informed of by email.

Any overrides that I tried to do from the phone would only change the override end time but not the actual temperature, which stayed at the currently scheduled temperature. Quite odd.

It's working OK for me since then though.