Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there an issue with the Evohome apps at the moment (2016-09-25)?

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Is there an issue with the Evohome apps at the moment (2016-09-25)?

I got an email at 0625 this morning to say the server had lost contact with my heating system, and both the Android and iOS apps are reporting that communication has been lost. But I data log my system every 15 minutes using my own script, and that is working fine. Data is coming through for both current room temperatures, but also set point changes made using the controller.

Just in case I've rebooted my router and gateway, and get green lights everywhere. The controller is happily talking to the gateway (but seeing as I'm still logging data that's not really a surprise).

Is anyone experiencing an outage?

And is there a Honeywell status page that gives you the current status of the system / known faults?

Automated Home Jr Member

Had the same email at the same time so suspct a Honeywell outage.

Automated Home Legend

Nothing here - but I have had them in the past when others haven't.

Automated Home Jr Member

There is something very odd going on. Both our iOS and Android apps are reporting "Communication with the system has been lost". Except it hasn't. The tiles are updating with the current room temperatures, changes to set point are reflected, and override times are shown when they are set or cancelled.

All the lights on the hardware are green, and my own data logging app is working fine and pulling through status data (current temperature and set point for each zone).

So the app is communicating in terms of getting the current status of each zone, but the phone apps cannot be used to control the system because it "thinks" communication is lost.

I've tried logging out and back in, and tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but always the same.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Last edited by StuartG; 26th September 2016 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Fix typo.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StuartG View Post
    There is something very odd going on. Both our iOS and Android apps are reporting "Communication with the system has been lost". Except it hasn't. The tiles are updating with the current room temperatures, changes to set point are reflected, and override times are shown when they are set or cancelled.

All the lights on the hardware are green, and my own data logging app is working fine and pulling through status data (current temperature and set point for each zone).

So the app is communicating in terms of getting the current status of each zone, but the phone apps cannot be used to control the system because it "thinks" communication is lost.

I've tried logging out and back in, and tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but always the same.

No. I suggest that you delete your TCC account and re-build it. If it happens again, then contact Evohome Support with your CRC and MAC.

Automated Home Jr Member

I deleted the system from my Honeywell account, added it back in using the MAC and CRC, and it's started working again. Very strange.

Automated Home Legend

Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Automated Home Legend

I had many email notifications on Sunday saying my system had lost contact with the servers - some of them lasting for hours at a time, however my Internet connection and Wifi connection to the evotouch at the time were just fine.

It resolved itself by Monday so it looks like it's just another Honeywell server outage issue, so it wasn't just you...

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by StuartG View Post

I'm having similar problems since the above outages. The temperatures in the iOS app aren't updating when I drag the screen down and I had problems making some changes to the schedule this morning. To update temperatures I have to close the app by double clicking the home button and dragging it up. This afternoon it keeps saying, "Failed to get account information' unless I do the same. I can't check the tiles as I'm not at home but the API is providing information as my temperature graphs are updating.

Automated Home Sr Member

I too am suffering multiple email notifications saying that my system had lost contact with the servers - however my Internet connection and Wifi connection to the controller were OK.

For the first time I have also had two occasions, different zones, of failed zone changes:-

"Dear user, we would like to notify you that your attempt to remotely implement a change to the following zone failed at 09/27/2016 18:46:26:"
    FB