Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wall light switches that work with Amazon Echo?

Automated Home Sr Member wywywywy's Avatar

However if you're replacing the HomeEasy devices, from my research the LightwaveRF products (also mentioned by MichaelD above) seem to be the best bet. Good range of modules, works with Alexa out of the box, and not too overly expensive. And this is probably what I'll do when I eventually move.

Automated Home Lurker

I will probably go down the Rasp Pi route as i have about 10 double sockets and a few outdoor sockets and 8 double light switches.

It's a shame you can not just replace the homeEasy modules on the back of the sockets and switches with Lightwave modules instead of replacing the whole socket/switch

Thanks very much!

Automated Home Jr Member

control your lights from anywhere with Wemo Dimmer. This smart dimmer connects to your existing home Wi-Fi network to provide wireless control of your lights .

Automated Home Lurker

As I am not very programmer savvy, and a bit too old and busy to learn all about it,i was wondering if I got something like a Homeseer controller with a RFXcom transmitter do anyone think that this would allow the HomeEasy wall sockets and wall switches to work with the Echo? Or have I got all this totally wrong ?

I have read differing reports about Vera, Homeseer and one or two others but have not really figured out which , if any , is best

Thanks guys