• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by simonh29 View Post
    Installed homebrdige on OS-X. Everything is running great. It even gives temperatures to the .1 degrees unlike evohome. Handy for debugging things as we have access to the real temperature.
    Thanks for reminding me of this - I had completely forgotten about setting this up.

Quick question - does it only work if your phone is on the same wifi network as the homebridge server or can you use it for remote control as well ?

I have both a Mac running Lion (ancient I know) that runs all the time as a server and a Raspberry Pi also running all the time, which already has Evohome related services like Domoticz running on it - how did you find it to install it on OS X ? I think I'll probably install it on the Raspberry Pi though, as its usually easier to install unix software on Linux than OS X...
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 22 November 2016, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• simonh29
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2016

It's easy to setup on OS-X using these instructions https://github.com/nfarina/homebridg...ebridge-on-OSX.

I don't think the Pi should cause any problems.

It only works when on the LAN. I think the only way to use it outside the home would be to use an iPad with iOS10 or an Apple TV 4th generation to act as a HomeKit hub.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

I've got it working on the Raspberry Pi - functionality seems a bit limited at the moment (overrides are only for 10 minutes for example) but it shows the potential of what it could do.

Comment

• timgp
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2017

Just onboard with Home Assistant, very nice. Don't quite have Homebridge working just yet, but suspect it just needs a bit more tinkering.

Any tips on getting graphs out?

Comment

• Shadylee
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2017

I've just got a Google home mini, is evohome capable of working with Google at the moment?

Comment

Working...
            X