Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakiing news: UK Amazon Echo works with Evohome!

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks for the update, its really appreciated.

Look forward to improved stability. My wife really likes the system with Alexa, but is very intolerant of technology that doesn't work robustly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    All

Today a hotfix was applied to our TCC platform which should fix this issue. It was identified there was a possible handshaking issue between the API's, which only occurs after some time, which has now been fixed. As this occurs after an indeterminate amount of time, and only just put the fix live, we are monitoring to see if the behavior occurs again.

Quote Originally Posted by Conseils View Post
    Thanks for the update, its really appreciated.

Look forward to improved stability. My wife really likes the system with Alexa, but is very intolerant of technology that doesn't work robustly.
    Totally hear you - apologies it took so long to find. After some ferreting with Amazon we discovered something that wasn't documented. I wont be 100% happy until we are a week or so down the line.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Sr Member

Just had a chat with Alexa and she said "device not responding"... 17Jan 17:12 UK time
    Alexa web page does not show "offline" for devices.
    Disable/enable skill works again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Just had a chat with Alexa and she said "device not responding"... 17Jan 17:12 UK time
    Alexa web page does not show "offline" for devices.
    Disable/enable skill works again.
    Just tried mine and ok - would be interested in others please.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Just disabled and enabled mine again so she works for the moment.

But will have to give it a couple of days. (Whilst there were problems it worked straight after disable/enable but the next day she would say device not responding.)

Sorry, website problems yesterday - 48 hours on and it is still working

Automated Home Jr Member

Alexa has gone into "not responding" for me today. It worked last night, it doesn't today - although I cannot tell exactly at what time today it stopped. I'm in no hurry to fix and can leave in the not responding state if that aids troubleshooting progress? Cheers - Martin

Automated Home Jr Member

My Alexa has gone to "not responding" today. It was working a few days ago, but don't remember testing it yesterday

Automated Home Jr Member

Mine does this all the time, lasts a while then goes to "device not responding". Delete and add the Skill again and it works for a time until it fails again. Looking at the reviews for the Honeywell Skill in the Alexa App, looks like lots of people have this same problem. Its a shame as it really ruins this feature especially when you don't know from one day to the next if it will work.