Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Breakiing news: UK Amazon Echo works with Evohome!

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Skills Drop Out

Same again here.

It's a real pain when you have two accounts in an Amazon Household. As I understand the configuration at the moment I have to drop the skill and re-attach it to both accounts. To date I have not lost any device names or groups, seems these are stored else where. I discovered this as I have been building some devices to interface directly to my Echo devices via the UPnP protocol with various names and groupings. These seem to behave the same way as the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort device names / groups. hence probably why they are not being lost. As I have 12 additional name / groups I am rather relieved not to have to recreate them.

Drop the skill and reconnect seems to fix the issue. Wonder if I can have Alexa do this for me!

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Just to say my Evohome / Alexa link has dropped twice in last week.
    A Disable/Enable of the Skill got it working again.
    No settings are lost, and Alexa states devices are Offline.

Everything, individually, for Alexa and Evohome works fine.

Guess they've had a tiff

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

have been watching this thread - very interesting ...

hope Google is watching, too, and taking the real life experience into account for their updates ...

do updates happen without people having to do anything - imagine they do, because of the cloud approach ... or ?

am very tempted to buy an Echo, and get it linked into our HA set-up ...

Automated Home Jr Member

Alexa and Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Skills Drop Out Again.
    I took care to check which of the two accounts in the Amazon household it dropped out on this time. It was my wifes Alexa account only, though I use the same Honeywell account for both.

Dropped the skill and reconnected it.

Automated Home Guru

My Alexa has been running for 6-weeks and has never dropped out, could it be your ISP or WiFi environment. Have you tried re-siting it to see if the problem persists. BTW I have two accounts as well. What I want to know is how Amazon knew it was me when I opened a new Fire and it said are you... Clearly they record IP addresses against accounts.
    Last edited by g6ejd; 12th January 2017 at 12:55 AM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Ditto - dropped again " device is not responding" - everything else in all the different worlds are fine.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Ditto - dropped again " device is not responding" - everything else in all the different worlds are fine.
    Not to worry. The EU Parliament wants all smart devices to have a kill switch.

Automated Home Jr Member

If Alexa can't connect to the internet she will let you know...
    You might have seen I immediately tested our alternate Amazon family account, which was working (A-B-A testing).

The usefulness of IP addresses will depend on exactly where the issue lies. The Honeywell user 'jzwack-honeywell' did not mention where the issue lay, only that in December he thought he knew what root cause might be. Given he thought he could clear it early January, it would seem to have been more of a gremlin than imagined. Based on my limited understanding, the user IP address may well not be readily available through the Amazon Lambda Function which exposes the request to the Honeywell hosted API and thus to Honeywell. They also probably limit access to customer data that could be identifiable.

I had no issues for a good while, here's hoping it can be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by g6ejd View Post
    My Alexa has been running for 6-weeks and has never dropped out, could it be your ISP or WiFi environment. Have you tried re-siting it to see if the problem persists. BTW I have two accounts as well. What I want to know is how Amazon knew it was me when I opened a new Fire and it said are you... Clearly they record IP addresses against accounts.

Automated Home Jr Member

15 January 2017
    Alexa and Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Skills Drop Out Again.
    I took care to check which of the two accounts in the Amazon household it dropped out on this time. It was my wife's Alexa account only, though I use the same Honeywell account for both.
    Note that we use the wife's Amazon account more frequently to control the heating as hers is the default account (she is the boss as you would assume )
    At this point its becoming a weekly occurrence, please see previous posts on my systems monitoring et. al.

Dropped the skill and reconnected it.

All

Today a hotfix was applied to our TCC platform which should fix this issue. It was identified there was a possible handshaking issue between the API's, which only occurs after some time, which has now been fixed. As this occurs after an indeterminate amount of time, and only just put the fix live, we are monitoring to see if the behavior occurs again.
    Last edited by Rameses; 16th January 2017 at 01:40 PM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own