Breakiing news: UK Amazon Echo works with Evohome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisgare
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2013

Breakiing news: UK Amazon Echo works with Evohome!

Wow - I've just set up Amazon Echo; logged into the Echo Honeywell account; I asked it to discover devices; it discovered all 12 zones; I asked Alexa to set the temperature in the Living Room to 23 degrees. ALEXA DID IT!

It only too 5 to 10 minutes with no hiccoughs.

What more can I say? Clever Amazon and clever Honeywell!

And here is the proof: https://youtu.be/Opjo5DuqOVo

I wonder what other Evohome commands it will accept?

Time for a glass of red wine in my 23 degree living room to celebrate I think.

Chris
  • FullBore
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

Those with BT have a problem:-

Users take to social media to vent their frustration with their BT Home Hubs and Amazon’s new voice-assistant speaker, which stalled on setup

FB

Comment

• chrisgare
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2013

I have BT hub and no issues were found fortunately.

Comment

• chrisgare
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2013

You can group together individual thermostats and control them as a group using the commands: "Set [smart home device / group name] temperature to [##] degrees." "[Increase / decrease] the [smart home device / group name] temperature."

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

And with Control4 https://www.chrislewis.co.uk/smartho...-amazon-alexa/
          I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Hot water control coming soon
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• jmwhooper
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Aug 2012

I'm thinking of getting the Evohome and having Amazon Echo connect to it is definitely a big selling point for me.

For the Evohome setup if, I buy the Evohome wifi controller ATC928G3000, do I need the separate mobile access kit for Echo to work with it?

Comment

• Andehh
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Oct 2015

Looking at using the echo myself. Hows it working now? Still happy with the controls?

Any bugs or issues found?

Comment

• g6ejd
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by chrisgare View Post
                  Wow - I've just set up Amazon Echo; logged into the Echo Honeywell account; I asked it to discover devices; it discovered all 12 zones; I asked Alexa to set the temperature in the Living Room to 23 degrees. ALEXA DID IT!

It only too 5 to 10 minutes with no hiccoughs.

What more can I say? Clever Amazon and clever Honeywell!

And here is the proof: https://youtu.be/Opjo5DuqOVo

I wonder what other Evohome commands it will accept?

Time for a glass of red wine in my 23 degree living room to celebrate I think.

Chris
                  I wish you wouldn't post these demo videos, now I've got to get myself an Echo

How does it know the 'Living Room' is associated with that location, or is it done on word recognition - must be I suppose. If it was called Room-1 then I suppose it would still work.

Comment

• Paul_S
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Sep 2016

Looking for some help / advice

I have an 11 zone evohome system and managed to connect it to my Echo earlier this week.......happy days !!

Initially I just tested it out with some simple temp set commands but didn't really use in anger.

Went to use it use yesterday and Alexa is telling me the '(Zone) not responding'. I got the same message when I try to set the temp in any zone.

I went in end disabled the skill, re-enabled and refound all the zones.....and the commands were back working

Got up this morning and the '(Zone) not responding' message is back

Wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem and if so how to fix it

Paul

Comment

• Mavis
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Paul_S View Post
                      Looking for some help / advice

I have an 11 zone evohome system and managed to connect it to my Echo earlier this week.......happy days !!

Initially I just tested it out with some simple temp set commands but didn't really use in anger.

Went to use it use yesterday and Alexa is telling me the '(Zone) not responding'. I got the same message when I try to set the temp in any zone.

I went in end disabled the skill, re-enabled and refound all the zones.....and the commands were back working

Got up this morning and the '(Zone) not responding' message is back

Wondered if anyone else has encountered this problem and if so how to fix it

Paul
                      Same for me. I got my Dot last night and set it up and tested it in the Living Room and it worked fine (simple temp commands). Tried tonight and I got something along the lines of it not being recognised or responding BUT I opened the Evo app and the change had happened.

Comment

• victorp1612
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Jun 2016

Had the same issue.
                        To resolve , had to disable and re-enable the skill.
                        After a discovery, I've noticed that HotWater and Eco / Away / Custom modes are available.

'Alexa , turn on the hot water' now works

AlexaEvo.jpg
                        Last edited by victorp1612; 24 November 2016, 08:34 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

These new gadgets are not good for the bank account! Looks like I need to indulge!

Comment

• victorp1612
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Jun 2016

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                            These new gadgets are not good for the bank account! Looks like I need to indulge!
                            Black Friday deal on Echo and Dot today ... just saying :-p

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by victorp1612 View Post
                              Black Friday deal on Echo and Dot today ... just saying :-p
                              I have indulged.

Having read what it can do I am sure my wife will find it better as she is no technophile.

Chances are if I peg it she would take out all the wireless operated sockets and lights. Evohome I think she would leave but panic about getting advice on changing settings etc. We probably need a database of Evohome users willing to provide advice to the panicking non technical suddenly faced with having to operate these things. Perhaps Honeywell could give this some thought. Not a database of installers but those who are familiar with the product and able to help out. There are plenty in this forum who I am sure would put their names down for such. We forget there are many who panic at the thought of all these remote operating systems. If we are going to play with our gadgets we owe it to ourselves and families to have some sort of free backup advice panel.

Comment

Working...
                              X