Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Breakiing news: UK Amazon Echo works with Evohome!

Automated Home Guru

Living Room set to 20.5°
    Alexa turn the Living Room temperature down, she says 'setting the Living Room temperature to 20', but the Evohome display shows 19.5° so she's failed...
    Living Room set to 20.5°
    Alexa turn the Living Room temperature down by 1°, she says 'setting the Living Room temperature to 20', but the Evohome display shows 19.5° so she's failed...
    Living Room set to 21.0°
    Alexa turn the Living Room temperature down by 1°, she says 'setting the Living Room temperature to 20', and the Evohome display shows 20.0° so she's passed...

Alexa, your not very good at setting the temperature are you, she says 'Sorry, thanks for letting me know'

Ok - couple of things

Ref: Those skills & commands. We never scripted increments or at least that was what I was told. We only support the syntax I posted originally. Eg set to specific temp & enabling modes
    More commands and skills will come - like "Alexa what is the temp in the living room" - but these are being worked. The Alexa platform is a fast evolving space right now
    Last edited by Rameses; 6th February 2017 at 01:49 PM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Jr Member philchillbill's Avatar

If I say "Alexa, cancel Office override" after e.g. having increased the heat by 2 deg for a while, she says "Cancelling" as if she understood I want to go back to the regular set-point for Office heat, but nothing actually changes in Evohome. Anybody played with this syntax yet?

Automated Home Lurker

Default Problem with multiple locations

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Like you say, groups make it easy to solve this. I expect the number of people with >1 controllers is very small.
    P.
    Maybe so, but the system needs to deal with it more gracefully. When I tried to set up Evohome on my Dot I was surprised to see it said it discovered over 30 devices, but it turned out to be because I have three different premises (two houses and office) on my Evohome account. This makes it useless, particularly as it offers no clue as to which scene is which (eg I have three 'Away's, three 'Economy's etc).

Ideally there would be an option to specify a property name or set a default property for Alexa to use, but at the very least I need to know which are in which property in order to forget the others. Until it can do that, it's pretty useless for anyone with more than one controller attached.

The same goes for using groups - I need to know which is in which property to add them to groups.

Given that a particularly useful application of the evohome is for people who have a second home or perhaps one they let as a self-catering property, which needs remote control, this is an area that needs to be addressed.

Automated Home Lurker

Hello, got this all working today!

couple of quick questions.

1) is there a list of all the commands that alexa can do?
    2) How can you stop an override, and default back to schedule. Eg I set lounge to 25, but after 2 hours I want to cancel this. What do I have to say?

thanks

GP

Automated Home Jr Member

Amazon announced on their developer blog that they're extending the Smart Home Skill API in the US (UK & Germany coming soon) to support the following two scenarios.

A customer requests the temperature value (what it is), for example “Alexa, what’s the temperature inside?”
    A customer requests the temperature setting (what it should be), for example, “Alexa, what’s my thermostat set to?”

Hopefully it means the Evohome skill will be more useful soon, depending on Amazons definition of "coming soon"

Automated Home Jr Member

I'm getting device not responding again, when I try to use the Amazon skill

Mmmm - my personal one is fine (has been for last few weeks) just used it. Our labs devices also no reporting issues
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Amazon announced on their developer blog that they're extending the Smart Home Skill API in the US (UK & Germany coming soon) to support the following two scenarios.

A customer requests the temperature value (what it is), for example “Alexa, what’s the temperature inside?”
    A customer requests the temperature setting (what it should be), for example, “Alexa, what’s my thermostat set to?”

Hopefully it means the Evohome skill will be more useful soon, depending on Amazons definition of "coming soon"
    Our developers are working on this now

Automated Home Legend

I am not a fan of Echo at present. I have one but I have parked it in the off position for I could never get it to recognise the right thing asked for, was constantly told I did not have rooms or devices that I did have and it was totally confused if I tried to operate the heating. This after several factory resets and retries. It is good for one thing, if I ask it to say play Classic FM or BBC Radio 2 it always does but that so far is the only thing I have managed to get it to operate properly. A winge! The point of my writing though is that for those of you who use voice control is not Siri just as good if not better?