Breakiing news: UK Amazon Echo works with Evohome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterf
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2015

Still not working for me despite re-installing the skill.

"That command doesn't work on device lounge", despite varying the question's syntax.

Do I need to delete the devices as well as re-install the skill?

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Yup - I get "that command doesn't work on device Loo" too.

Comment

• MrB
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
        did yours say degrees at the end?

I had asked for this syntax amend to be done - but was sure it had.

Guess I was suffering from shock because of the implementation....
        It stops at the temperature - there is no "degree" word spoken .

EDIT:
        Re not working for others... My WiFi Controller updated to the new software during the last few days (don't know exactly when) - is it something to with that?
        Could be there is a new interrogation facility on the Controller (or whatever)...
        Last edited by MrB; 20 April 2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• peterf
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2015

Might be that.

Mine's the non-wifi controller.

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by MrB View Post
            Guess I was suffering from shock because of the implementation....
            It stops at the temperature - there is no "degree" word spoken .

EDIT:
            Re not working for others... My WiFi Controller updated to the new software during the last few days (don't know exactly when) - is it something to with that?
            Could be there is a new interrogation facility on the Controller (or whatever)...
            Ok phew. So the syntax amends are coming they in in the queue at amazon. Adding degrees.

On another note - a server update is planned on 25th to stop (we think) the device offline problem.

Ref the other posts. All the evo's (wifi or gateway) talk to same cloud, so no difference in Alexa integration
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by MrB View Post
              Mine's Wi-Fi with the new firmware and the new syntax doesn't work.

Comment

• Shaun Reinson
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Feb 2017

Just to say, that if you've already got a device with the same name as a room, then Alexa won't work.

For example, I have a light in the office called 'Office' and the room itself is called 'Office'

So when I ask for the temperature, Alexa is getting confused and says 'that device....' etc...

Bit obvious really, but she's discovered over 100 devices in the house, and sometimes I lose track of whats what.....

Comment

• Rameses
                  Industry Expert
                  • Nov 2014

100!!?!?

:-)
                  getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• peterf
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2015

No, it's not that. I have some Hue lights and I've made sure that the room names don't clash.

Originally posted by Shaun Reinson View Post
                    Just to say, that if you've already got a device with the same name as a room, then Alexa won't work.

For example, I have a light in the office called 'Office' and the room itself is called 'Office'

So when I ask for the temperature, Alexa is getting confused and says 'that device....' etc...

Bit obvious really, but she's discovered over 100 devices in the house, and sometimes I lose track of whats what.....

Comment

• orange
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Dec 2014

100!!?!?

:-)
                      doesn't necessarily mean 100 physical devices - might be scenes, routines or activities. Alexa describes them all as devices. It's very easy to rack up a load of these. It's remembering all the names that gets hard.

Comment

• Shaun Reinson
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Feb 2017

Yeah, its hooked up to Smartthings as well as the Hue and Honeywell kit - so theres lights, sensors, locks, Harmony, some scenes etc...

It soon mounts up

Putting together a laminated card of devices & commands so I can remember - and any guests can find their way out !

Comment

• dty
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Aug 2016

did yours say degrees at the end?

I had asked for this syntax amend to be done - but was sure it had.
                          Mine doesn't. Also the "in the" syntax is a bit weird if your zones aren't named as rooms.

"Alexa, what's the temperature in the downstairs?"
                          "Inside, it's 21 [no mention of degrees]."

Comment

• Rameses
                            Industry Expert
                            • Nov 2014

Right - we think we finally squashed the bug which was causing Amazon to drop after a week. We (Amazon & Hon) have applied a combined hot fix.
                            Thanks to all here and your patience.

Comment

Working...
                            X