Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Breakiing news: UK Amazon Echo works with Evohome!

Automated Home Guru

mine's dropped again - gonna leave it for the time being as it's more trouble than it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    mine's dropped again - gonna leave it for the time being as it's more trouble than it's worth
    Can you DM me with your TCC login? - I want someone to lookinto
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

I have put my Echo away in the cupboard. I'll wait until the system works properly.

Automated Home Jr Member philchillbill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
    Amazon announced on their developer blog that they're extending the Smart Home Skill API in the US (UK & Germany coming soon) to support the following two scenarios.

A customer requests the temperature value (what it is), for example “Alexa, what’s the temperature inside?”
    A customer requests the temperature setting (what it should be), for example, “Alexa, what’s my thermostat set to?”

Hopefully it means the Evohome skill will be more useful soon, depending on Amazons definition of "coming soon"
    This worked today for me in the Netherlands (using UK Amazon store). I can ask Alexa "What's the temperature in the Livingroom?" or "the office" or whatever. Her answer always states "Inside, it's 22" (or whatever) so she does not repeat the requested room name but does get its temperature correct.

Honeywell, is it really that difficult to get the room name repeated instead of a generic 'inside'? It is correctly repeated when she is asked to set the temperature rather than merely report it. New intern in the coding group ?
    Last edited by philchillbill; 12th March 2017 at 07:58 AM.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

I get "that command doesn't work on device kitchen"

Automated Home Ninja

Works for me

Automated Home Guru

I reconnected and the temperature query works for me too

who knows how long for though

Automated Home Jr Member

Mine is still dropping also

Good news - Seems like we have tracked down a gremlin (not exclusive to us but something which we use a lot). We are testing something - Standby!
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

A short term fix is being applied shortly. We have worked with Amazon to identify issue, a longer term platform fix is also provisioned for. I will post here when both are done.