Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Thread: Breakiing news: UK Amazon Echo works with Evohome!

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Re not working for others... My WiFi Controller updated to the new software during the last few days (don't know exactly when) - is it something to with that?
    Mine's Wi-Fi with the new firmware and the new syntax doesn't work.

Automated Home Jr Member

Just to say, that if you've already got a device with the same name as a room, then Alexa won't work.

For example, I have a light in the office called 'Office' and the room itself is called 'Office'

So when I ask for the temperature, Alexa is getting confused and says 'that device....' etc...

Bit obvious really, but she's discovered over 100 devices in the house, and sometimes I lose track of whats what.....

100!!?!?

:-)
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Sr Member

No, it's not that. I have some Hue lights and I've made sure that the room names don't clash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Reinson View Post
    Just to say, that if you've already got a device with the same name as a room, then Alexa won't work.

For example, I have a light in the office called 'Office' and the room itself is called 'Office'

So when I ask for the temperature, Alexa is getting confused and says 'that device....' etc...

Bit obvious really, but she's discovered over 100 devices in the house, and sometimes I lose track of whats what.....

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    100!!?!?

:-)
    doesn't necessarily mean 100 physical devices - might be scenes, routines or activities. Alexa describes them all as devices. It's very easy to rack up a load of these. It's remembering all the names that gets hard.

Automated Home Jr Member

Yeah, its hooked up to Smartthings as well as the Hue and Honeywell kit - so theres lights, sensors, locks, Harmony, some scenes etc...

It soon mounts up

Putting together a laminated card of devices & commands so I can remember - and any guests can find their way out !

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    did yours say degrees at the end?

I had asked for this syntax amend to be done - but was sure it had.
    Mine doesn't. Also the "in the" syntax is a bit weird if your zones aren't named as rooms.

"Alexa, what's the temperature in the downstairs?"
    "Inside, it's 21 [no mention of degrees]."

Right - we think we finally squashed the bug which was causing Amazon to drop after a week. We (Amazon & Hon) have applied a combined hot fix.
    Thanks to all here and your patience.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own