Breakiing news: UK Amazon Echo works with Evohome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Originally posted by MrB View Post
    Ditto - dropped again " device is not responding" - everything else in all the different worlds are fine.
    Not to worry. The EU Parliament wants all smart devices to have a kill switch.

Comment

• Conseils
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2014

If Alexa can't connect to the internet she will let you know...
      You might have seen I immediately tested our alternate Amazon family account, which was working (A-B-A testing).

The usefulness of IP addresses will depend on exactly where the issue lies. The Honeywell user 'jzwack-honeywell' did not mention where the issue lay, only that in December he thought he knew what root cause might be. Given he thought he could clear it early January, it would seem to have been more of a gremlin than imagined. Based on my limited understanding, the user IP address may well not be readily available through the Amazon Lambda Function which exposes the request to the Honeywell hosted API and thus to Honeywell. They also probably limit access to customer data that could be identifiable.

I had no issues for a good while, here's hoping it can be fixed soon.

Originally posted by g6ejd View Post
      My Alexa has been running for 6-weeks and has never dropped out, could it be your ISP or WiFi environment. Have you tried re-siting it to see if the problem persists. BTW I have two accounts as well. What I want to know is how Amazon knew it was me when I opened a new Fire and it said are you... Clearly they record IP addresses against accounts.

Comment

• MrB
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2015

EU Kill Switch
        graphite-shaft-club-hammer-1000g-35oz-T-709759-2193223_1.jpg

Comment

• Conseils
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2014

15 January 2017
          Alexa and Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Skills Drop Out Again.
          I took care to check which of the two accounts in the Amazon household it dropped out on this time. It was my wife's Alexa account only, though I use the same Honeywell account for both.
          Note that we use the wife's Amazon account more frequently to control the heating as hers is the default account (she is the boss as you would assume )
          At this point its becoming a weekly occurrence, please see previous posts on my systems monitoring et. al.

Dropped the skill and reconnected it.

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

All

Today a hotfix was applied to our TCC platform which should fix this issue. It was identified there was a possible handshaking issue between the API's, which only occurs after some time, which has now been fixed. As this occurs after an indeterminate amount of time, and only just put the fix live, we are monitoring to see if the behavior occurs again.
            Last edited by Rameses; 16 January 2017, 01:40 PM.
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Conseils
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Nov 2014

Thanks for the update, its really appreciated.

Look forward to improved stability. My wife really likes the system with Alexa, but is very intolerant of technology that doesn't work robustly.

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
              All

Today a hotfix was applied to our TCC platform which should fix this issue. It was identified there was a possible handshaking issue between the API's, which only occurs after some time, which has now been fixed. As this occurs after an indeterminate amount of time, and only just put the fix live, we are monitoring to see if the behavior occurs again.

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Conseils View Post
                Thanks for the update, its really appreciated.

Look forward to improved stability. My wife really likes the system with Alexa, but is very intolerant of technology that doesn't work robustly.
                Totally hear you - apologies it took so long to find. After some ferreting with Amazon we discovered something that wasn't documented. I wont be 100% happy until we are a week or so down the line.
                getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• MrB
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Oct 2015

Just had a chat with Alexa and she said "device not responding"... 17Jan 17:12 UK time
                  Alexa web page does not show "offline" for devices.
                  Disable/enable skill works again.

Comment

• Rameses
                    Industry Expert
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by MrB View Post
                    Just had a chat with Alexa and she said "device not responding"... 17Jan 17:12 UK time
                    Alexa web page does not show "offline" for devices.
                    Disable/enable skill works again.
                    Just tried mine and ok - would be interested in others please.

Comment

• Mavis
                      Automated Home Ninja
                      • Oct 2014

Just disabled and enabled mine again so she works for the moment.

But will have to give it a couple of days. (Whilst there were problems it worked straight after disable/enable but the next day she would say device not responding.)

Comment

• Mavis
                        Automated Home Ninja
                        • Oct 2014

Comment

• Mavis
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Oct 2014

Sorry, website problems yesterday - 48 hours on and it is still working

Comment

• mart1711
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Oct 2016

Alexa has gone into "not responding" for me today. It worked last night, it doesn't today - although I cannot tell exactly at what time today it stopped. I'm in no hurry to fix and can leave in the not responding state if that aids troubleshooting progress? Cheers - Martin

Comment

• Muzz
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Mar 2015

My Alexa has gone to "not responding" today. It was working a few days ago, but don't remember testing it yesterday

Comment

• Suncroft
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Apr 2015

Mine does this all the time, lasts a while then goes to "device not responding". Delete and add the Skill again and it works for a time until it fails again. Looking at the reviews for the Honeywell Skill in the Alexa App, looks like lots of people have this same problem. Its a shame as it really ruins this feature especially when you don't know from one day to the next if it will work.

Comment

Working...
                                X