Clear existing binding from CS92 (hot water sensor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Clear existing binding from CS92 (hot water sensor)

With most of the other wireless devices there's instructions about how to clear any existing bindings (usually involving a 15 second button press), but I can find no such information for the CS92 hot water sensor.

Does this mean it isn't possible to clear the existing binding and do a full reset?

Thanks,

P.
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

I was not convinced holding down the button did it for me but taking the batteries out did for all contact had disappeared when I put them back until I re-bound. Evohome is a great product but instructions, certainly in the original documentation have not been user friednly. Honeywell probably thought people like us would not be doing the installation!

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

There's a brilliant PDF out there giving binding details for all of the devices. But (despite being quite technical) it misses how to clear bindings. It assumes, for example, that HR92s are unbound. If this was added (for all devices) it would be just what we need.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

I might be wrong, but I don't think it's necessary to unbind a device that's a temperature sensor only. ("Unbinding" at the controller is sufficient) The "binding" is simply the controller being told to "listen" to the periodic broadcasts of that sensor - temperature sensors send their temperature as broadcasts to anyone who will listen. Binding just tells the controller to listen to this sensor for this zone.

Any devices that are actuators or set point controllers (a DTS92 is both a temperature sensor *and* a set point controller) do need unbinding at both ends to properly clear things though.

An example of this is if you use a DTS92 and then change the temperature sensor for the zone to another device (like an HR92) the controller and HR92 will now report the temperature measured at the HR92 while the DTS92 will continue to report its own measured temperature. However it can still control the set point of the zone and retrieve the current set point (by pressing up or down) even though it is no longer the nominated temperature sensor. (It is not aware that it is not - it is still broadcasting a temperature measurement that is just being ignored)
        Last edited by DBMandrake; 8 October 2016, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• happy days
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Oct 2016

Important to delete previous binding on BDR91 due to multiple binding slots. Is also possible on HCC80R, HR92 and RFG100 but seldom required. CS92, DT92 and Y87, overwritten on new binding.

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

I'm not sure you're correct with the DTS92 - if you simply bind a different temperature sensor to the zone at the controller the DTS92 will still continue to act as a set point controller. So if you are taking it out of service you really ought to unbind it, and it does have a clear option to do so.

Comment

• happy days
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Oct 2016

with all devices binding creates a 2 way comms, if you stop using a device it needs to be powered down or it has the possibility of flood broadcasting causing other issues. The DTS92 recognises what it is bound to, eg evo, BDR91, HCC80R and runs different firmware, hence the requirement to 'clr' previous settings before binding to something new. if you are re binding it is not necessary but is a good practice.

Comment

Working...
              X