• Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
    I think that the parent company may have gone into liquidation:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
    if you read the latest administrators report the assets and employees were transferred to a company called Maple Tree Energy, and that's the company currently listed as owner on the Loop website.

P.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Ps, there's someone on ebay flogging the Loop gas addons for a tenner.

P.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
        if you read the latest administrators report the assets and employees were transferred to a company called Maple Tree Energy, and that's the company currently listed as owner on the Loop website.

P.
        Might this be the said company:

MAPLE TREE ENERGY LIMITED - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual return, officers, charges, business activity

this Company was dissolved on the 24th May 2016

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

No, this one: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09551430

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

Fair enough. I just wonder whether the smart meter revolution has taken away the sales potential for these types of devices? Loop told me that they were waiting for the delivery of components over a year ago, so they lost me as a potential customer.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

I do think that smart meters will make a lot of these companies redundant. I too would have bought Loop Gas if it wasn't bundled with Loop Electric. My old imperial gas meter has just turned. So I was wondering if my supplier would upgrade just the gas meter to a smart one and leave the current electric one in place. With Solar, you don't want an electric meter that can accurately measure your export rate!

Comment

• paulockenden
                Automated Home Legend
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                With Solar, you don't want an electric meter that can accurately measure your export rate!
                I reckon for a lot of people (those that don't optimise their usage, and don't have energy storage) the 50% deemed export is an UNDER estimate.

P.

Comment

• CT1
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Apr 2016

I reckon for a lot of people (those that don't optimise their usage, and don't have energy storage) the 50% deemed export is an UNDER estimate.

P.
                  I can confirm that. Have battery storage an divert excess power to the immersion but still average about 50% export from my 4kW solar panels over the year.

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

Don’t know about the rest of the world but here in the U.K. we have some who believe that just having a smart meter saves you money - just by installing it.

I installed Smappee. Takes some time before it gets any semblance of accuracy with respect to devices being switched on but mostly gets there. Most of us, I suspect, already know what, or perhaps who, costs us money around the house.

Comment

• HenGus
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • May 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                      Don’t know about the rest of the world but here in the U.K. we have some who believe that just having a smart meter saves you money - just by installing it.

Are you suggesting that a smart meter will not save me money? You will be telling me next that they are not free.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by CT1 View Post
                        I can confirm that. Have battery storage an divert excess power to the immersion but still average about 50% export from my 4kW solar panels over the year.
                        So you heat your HW cylinder from cold every day and recharge your batteries and yet export more than 50% per day? Is your home largely unoccupied during the day?

Comment

• CT1
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Apr 2016

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                          So you heat your HW cylinder from cold every day and recharge your batteries and yet export more than 50% per day? Is your home largely unoccupied during the day?
                          Also have Solar Thermal and a large well insulated tank. The immersion heater is usually only needed to ensure water temp is above 60. House is also well insulated and A rated as is the gas boiler.

Edit. At home most days so run washing machine and dishwasher etc when there is solar, if possible.
                          Last edited by CT1; 15 February 2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• paulockenden
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Apr 2015

I've just installed a Smappee gas monitor (I already had the leccy + solar kit, so it was easy to pair with that). Looks good so far.

P.

Comment

• G4RHL
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Jan 2015

My Smappee has monitor stopped working. A job to get around to which I eventually did the other day and all seems OK. It reports a leak and I need to change the sensitivity. The leak is no more than a pilot light on a gas fire.

Comment

• paulockenden
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Apr 2015

Shame the SmartThings integration doesn’t report Gas - it would have been easy to then feed both Evohome and Smappee has into InitialState for some nice graphing.

Oh well, been meaning to set up influx and one of the graphing clients. Perhaps this is the prod I need.

Comment

Working...
                                X