• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AAACOM
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2005

I want an MCE Based program that controls C-Bus or cat5 syst

I am just wonderng if there is a program that has an MCE plugin that controls the basic x-10, C-bus , Icontrol or any cat5 system. I need a system that can be used with new homes as well as established. Don't think too much of X-10 for new homes.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim
  • shevans
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2005

Re: I want an MCE Based program that controls C-Bus or cat5

There is a MCE plug in for Homeseer, which can control almost every type (with additional software) of HA product. A nice pretty MCE (Dummies) interface,

IMHO Version 2.0 of Homeseer is a good product and a lot more stable than an MCE PC. I have one dedicated Homeseer PC and two MCE 2005 PC’s but would not move Home Automation to either of the MCE PC’s for fear of loosing stability.

I have moved over to z-wave on the majority of lamp and appliance modules, and can say that whilst X-10 was quite good the uncertainty of x-10 working or working on its own has now been eliminated.

Comment

• AAACOM
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Aug 2005

I want to install a nice package for the average user, where they can sit on their couch and use one remote in MCE and have music, tv, dvd and automation. so Homeseer can definetly control C-Bus and alike?

Comment

• Kevin
        • Jan 2004

HomeSeer - has no inbuilt support for C-Bus and I don't know of a plugin either. However there is a free xAP plugin for HS and I have a board that attaches to C-Bus and allows control via xAP on Ethernet. (xAP is a home automation control protocol). So effectively all the C-Bus groups appear as individual devices with realtime status/control in HomeSeer. I developed this board as a 'project' to solve my own need for C-Bus integration with other HA systems. It costs around £200 inc the Ethernet and C-Bus interfaces.

I am not familiar with the HS MCE plugin although I have seen the announcements - Does this connect to a remote HS PC install (?) or does HS have to run on the MCE PC too ?

Kevin

Comment

• shevans
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Sep 2005

Homeseer can run either local on the MCE PC or on a remote PC, which is the I have mine set-up.

Comment

• Kevin
            • Jan 2004

Ah yes - Just tried it and it seems to build the interface via web page access to whichever PC is running HS. Which in one way is nice as you can run HS on a reliable PC but does suffer from non realtime status feedback and I can't see how to set the auto refresh on the MCE browser view..

We already have realtime popup display support for MCE via xAP (see link) - but maybe we should add device control/status too...- then HS wouldn't be a prerequisite (but might be desireable for scripting etc)

K

- also getting this - the file is in the right place..
            21/09/2005 16:13:23 - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html/mediacenter/MediaArt.gif

Comment

• trevorjdaniel
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Jan 2005

Hi,

ConvergeX has all the functionality to do this.

We are currently designing an install for 29 luxury houses in Cardiff.

Please take a look at our website and give us a call to discuss your requirements.

Regards

Trevor

Comment

Working...
              X